• Welcome to SAU Community

    Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

    • Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

    Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

    Click here to register


Dose Pipe Sutututu

Dose Pipe Needs a Build Thread - Now He Has for Project Le Siet Bok

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

and assuming you own property :) 

Not quite, we did well in Melbourne Real Estate then got sick of it. We tried to pick the top of the market and missed by about 12 months. Missed a cool quarter of mil (guesstimate obviously). We rent in hipster paradise, never had it easier. 
we'll go back into the housing market in a few years, when we think it will be at it's lowest, but for now we're just coasting, buying what we like, having fun and trying not to burn through the money that came out of selling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Steve85 said:

Not quite, we did well in Melbourne Real Estate then got sick of it. We tried to pick the top of the market and missed by about 12 months. Missed a cool quarter of mil (guesstimate obviously). We rent in hipster paradise, never had it easier. 
we'll go back into the housing market in a few years, when we think it will be at it's lowest, but for now we're just coasting, buying what we like, having fun and trying not to burn through the money that came out of selling.

But you have assets/savings, that's all that matters!

There are plenty of folks who burn all their cash on shit and have the latest and greatest whiz bang parts - which I think is a poor life choice.

If you ever have some spare time, look at Leppington, Austral, etc. near Badgery's Creek airport in NSW. It will be zoned for 24/7 flights and assuming so would mean 24/7 businesses/companies/logistic hubs.

Future plans for train extension from Leppington -> Airport.

Just an idea :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

But you have assets/savings, that's all that matters!

There are plenty of folks who burn all their cash on shit and have the latest and greatest whiz bang parts - which I think is a poor life choice.

If you ever have some spare time, look at Leppington, Austral, etc. near Badgery's Creek airport in NSW. It will be zoned for 24/7 flights and assuming so would mean 24/7 businesses/companies/logistic hubs.

Future plans for train extension from Leppington -> Airport.

Just an idea :) 

100%. We are pretty well ahead. 
And you are the second person to give me this heads up so, i guess i'll have to start looking into it. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Steve85 said:

100%. We are pretty well ahead. 
And you are the second person to give me this heads up so, i guess i'll have to start looking into it. :)

I've been getting heaps of calls from Willowdale, Pinnacle, etc. they're dropping their prices too for off the plan or just land alone.

Tempted to buy, but I think they will drop further as most mum/dad investors are scared of the risk associated - also banks are under valuing the properties/blocks of land.

Last I looked, a 430 sq metre block on 8th Avenue, Austral was asking $450k, 10% up front nearly 1 year delayed settlement (end of 2019). Still looks like there are few lots left.

Downside for us, because of the market slump, our evalutions have been shit - thus less equity to use as capital, so we'll just enjoy life a bit more and fry cash on the stupid R33 LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live in Edmo Park in the family home, 5 years old. Laughing at the tiny blocks of land going for half mil, but also crying because I won't be able to afford anything in Sydney. I'll look at moving into the mountains in 5 years time.

 

Also, 4 unit maths fwuaahhhh. I did 3 unit, was tough but 1st year uni in engineering was easier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good way to end this lunar new year or start a new year (depends which way you look at it) - I got made redundant :)

4th time in my career LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unlucky!

I've been that road once, but I think it was more to do with "personality" differences lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

Unlucky!

I've been that road once, but I think it was more to do with "personality" differences lol 

Mine is a mass layoff, company I work for couldn't retain a major client

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sucks for many then. 

Best of luck finding another role as quickly as you want to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Mine is a mass layoff, company I work for couldn't retain a major client


Man that sucks, I've been there before.

Other than f**k bitches and get money, What do you actually do for a living?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vodkashotx said:


Man that sucks, I've been there before.

Other than f**k bitches and get money, What do you actually do for a living?

I'm a Business Analyst with experience in point of sales, ETL, ERP interfaces and e-commerce 

59 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

Finance, BI/BA, or IT I reckon.

Nerd.

Yeah lol... but I also tune cars for less than shops and spend more hours on them.

Might need to start tuning more soon, I've managed to get access to an AWD dyno in Wetherill Park :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GeeDog said:

Buy this one (please...)

550i

Subtle lol...

You used the word brilliant many times lololol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now