SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't take photos, but I realised when I was hanging a shit I popped the rear shim behind the crank timing belt pulley backwards. Spoke to a few people and @NEO25T and they said it should be ok backwards as the belt is front bias and as long as the front (outter most) shim is facing the right way it should be fine. But... Me being me, tore it all down and fitted it properly.

Also last night tightened the sump up, installed cross member, unstrapped the motor, installed castor rods, anti roll bar and all the over bullshit.

Sinco manifold should get here by end of week, just got the shipping details.

Once the turbo rear turbine housing comes, I'll bolt up the lot and work out how I will do the lines. Thinking of fitting a turbo oil filter on the chassis with a P clamp so it's out of the way.

More money to waste, and I am being made redundant end of March lol.

I dont know how u get that back one off without bending it, i just had a quick look on kudos at a new one lol.

After some massaging with the hammer and a few squeezes in the vice to straighten it, mine is uni directional and can go on either way ?

• Haha 1

On 2/11/2019 at 6:16 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Round 2 on the oil pump, this time started with a brand new N1 pump, took out N1 gears and popped in Rev. 2 of the Spool Import gears.

Fingers crossed everything goes to plan this time round.

20190210_141441.thumb.jpg.e3b46ac215c57cf229b305fd717163ad.jpg

Nice! Is this an AWD Stagea motor? noticing the second lot of bolt holes.

Also, have heard in passing before that there's some oil pump installation hack to locate it ideally, as it has a bit of intentional wiggle room that one needs to use, to allow for differences in things like line boring moving your crank location - any ideas if it's true, or an unsubstantiated old wives tale? If true, what's the pro tip to get it optimal.

Edited by Stribs
typo.net

24 minutes ago, Stribs said:

Nice! Is this an AWD Stagea motor? noticing the second lot of bolt holes.

Also, have heard in passing before that there's some oil pump installation hack to locate it ideally, as it has a bit of intentional wiggle room that one needs to use, to allow for differences in things like line boring moving your crank location - any ideas if it's true, or an unsubstantiated old wives tale? If true, what's the pro tip to get it optimal.

Sure is! Came from an auto Stagea with 168k but the oil looked like tar lol.

So started with some basic item refreshes then somehow a few people twisted my arm a little and eBay had 18% off sitewide then ended up with a built motor ?

The oil pump mating face has 2x locating towels for the oil pump to slide on. I believe the hack is to remove them so you can move the oil pump into the right location using a dealer gauge, however that's only if you need to - which comes from when you tunnel bore the block which "may" shift the crank upwards ever so slightly. I didnt and also using stock bearing clearances so fingers crossed, no more silly oil issues ?‍♂️

• Like 1