SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

11 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Tier 3 laundry nearly done, just need to adjust the doors, fit door pull tabs, hit it's mum with silicone, fit new taps/spout (whenever it comes) and gap fill and ready for roll racing.

20190616_202217.thumb.jpg.8807cc958c402c24b3809eef626fdc6c.jpg

All the pro shops will be blown away by the build quality.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Tier 3 laundry nearly done, just need to adjust the doors, fit door pull tabs, hit it's mum with silicone, fit new taps/spout (whenever it comes) and gap fill and ready for roll racing.

20190616_202217.thumb.jpg.8807cc958c402c24b3809eef626fdc6c.jpg

Is it just the photo or are the panel gaps all f**ked in the two top right doors? 

53 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

All the tuning shops will be mad, Nistune is pretty decent.

Your using Nistune for the frontloader?

Does is have enough hektic features, I was sure you would be running a Hellatek plug and play with the systems dash..... hows else you gonna know the RPM of the washer

6 minutes ago, mlr said:

Your using Nistune for the frontloader?

Does is have enough hektic features, I was sure you would be running a Hellatek plug and play with the systems dash..... hows else you gonna know the RPM of the washer

Bro.. niztoons has laundry control and full flex detergent (3x sections for pre, wash, and post wash), and you can preselect RPM :)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Bro.. niztoons has laundry control and full flex detergent (3x sections for pre, wash, and post wash), and you can preselect RPM :)

I want to see how well it goes when you do the cold water to atmosphere purge during summer to make sure you're getting the coldest possible water into that wash!
That spray will look hectiks!

Getting quicker and quicker at doing timing belts lol..

So car was weeping oil from the front main area, I initially thought I over packed the pump with grease and on it's first start up there was an air pocket that popped off the front main seal. Wasn't leaking too much, but enough to start forming droplets near the crank after a drive.

So thought today was the day to remove the lot and pop in a new front main seal, to my surprise it turned out to be lose oil pump bolts ??? 

Yep, RTV the sump, new oil pump but when I went to tightened up the lot the next day after the RTV dried up, I forgot about the oil pump.

Anyhow, tightened up it's mum, here's hoping it won't weep anymore lololol.

20190619_152121.thumb.jpg.07707e4f138b18d1b6d3e0ae4b3e220f.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

Reminds me of the time my mate and I both thought the other had done up the front passenger calipers bolts when we'd had them off t paint them on my first 33.... until it came off at 60 and jammed the wheel to a sudden stop....

at least it stopped! lucky!

Real quick, complete with sparks from the wheel well. 

As an early 20s NFI home mechanic, bricks were shat lol 

Part of why I am so appreciated of SAU and did my own tutorials for it etc, the info I gained here allowed me to be a less shit mechanic. 

Edited by ActionDan
  • Like 2