SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

Nek level steering wheel lock, saw this in Naples, Italy. Gosh what a shit hole lol... I suggest for anyone considering on visiting not to stay there, if you're going to the beautiful islands just go direct, don't waste your time in Naples (however the pizzas are so cheap it makes no sense, a double scoop of gelato cost more).

20190808_170650.thumb.jpg.8756d028e8d07a342e1fddbb2b9d1c3b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back in Australia, didn't get deported or stopped at boarder security!

Needed high heat for this dish and the induction stove top just won't cut it. Used a butane camping stove (with the holes drilled out), and I'm sure now the R33 is covered in oil splatter but at least it smells good.

20190818_191549.thumb.jpg.aed48e13da53f005ee3059365d4f9b29.jpg

• Haha 1

Prev owner was into Auto Salon, hence the car is purple and he used a hammer to roll the guards (the car had wanky 19s on it) he didn't reseal the cracked paint and rust took over. Then when I needed to fit the 18x9.5 +22 with 255 wide semis, I went to town with a guard roller and destroyed both guards.

Also going to reshell next year so don't care :)

2 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Did one ages before but on shitty tyres, I fear trying in such a small space with semis might propel the car into the Tiguan lol

IMG-20150913-WA0009.thumb.jpeg.b440f935950fdeecc5551dfbb1d85899.jpeg

Rest it up against the tiguan. Then skid.

• Haha 1

PowerFC delete, Nistune install, upgrade to Z32 street tuna. Ready for dyno in a few weeks, runs an Auto Salon special Garrett GT2871 from the 90s and Tomei Procams.

Owner wants it on 98RON only, should see 230kW to 240kW on crap all timing to preserve the motor.

IMG-20190825-WA0008.jpg

• Like 3

Who's keen on buying the car as-is? I cbf, I can tune it before it goes too if the price is right.

OR is anyone keen on the car minus the motor, electronics (ecu, wiring, sensors) and fuel system? I'll leave the rest in (MCAs, KAAZ diff, all the suspension shit,  Bride seat, hectic ulleh stereo.

Clearly over it.

Straight up swap for a 335i F30 M-Sport with under 70k kms.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• swaybar swaybar swaybar swaybar swaybar anyway OP, what is currently in your car, are they factory shocks and sway bar? Any sign anything else has been changed under there over the years? And as Murray said....what are effect you looking to change
    • Congratulations on your find  Did you mean it has 6k miles or was that a typo? Firstly, keep in mind some movement of the shifter is normal...it is a long rod hanging out of a box bolted to the engine. Having said that there are 2 next places to look: 1. Transmission and engine mounts. If these are worn or broken the shifter will move around more. They are reasonably easy to source and replace on a hoist, and possible but uncomfortable to replace car stands 2. On the bottom of the shifter there is a nylon cup that sits over shifter's ball end. If this is worn or broken the shifter will move around more than it should (but will still shift OK). That is a cheap part and requires removal of centre console, rubber shifter hole covers and a circlip in the gearbox shifter hole to remove the shifter. Re maintenance, as with any new import you should change all the fluids including transmission when you get it; never trust the seller and previous owners to have done the right thing. I am pretty sure R34 GTT is the same as earlier big box transmissions, so use any good quality GL4 75w90 trans fluid if it is shifting well (if it is hard to shift due to synchro wear, redline shockproof lightweight will keep it alive a bit longer before rebuild is required)
    • Well considering I have the exact same problem with that as the original one I don't think that the ignitor is the problem. I would imagine that this being such an uncommon problem the possibility of getting a new ignitor that is bad in the same way as the old one has to be very slim. I'll definitely pull everything apart this weekend and check the turbo out. Got quite a bit of things to check out Saturday like fuel pressure and the pcv so I'll report back once I do that.  Thanks everyone for all the replies this is all really helpful  
    • Rb's have issues with bottom end starvation, not head starvation. Which either way, you probably wouldn't ever see on a dyno. Strange... What's pump gas for you? Octane rating?