SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

Yeah I wish I could at the moment, bloody lock downs.
I started in the 1:19's first time out, by end of the day it was 16's.
then a few mods down to my best of 13's now..

On a plus side the local gokart track (Kembla Grange) will be opening 17th this month to double vaxed people (group of 5 max from Wollongong LGA only). so some more seat time soon hopefully. I
f anyone on here is in Wollongong, hit me up if your double vaxed :)

• Sad 1

On 06/09/2021 at 3:10 PM, Jasoncauser said:

Yeah I wish I could at the moment, bloody lock downs.

Hopefully the 4.5G and 5G jabs will open up the country. I've had my 4.5G already, 5G this  Saturday 🥳

On 06/09/2021 at 3:42 PM, Shoota_77 said:

Holy shit, you got fancy real quick @Dose Pipe Sutututu!!!  Look at all that dang blingatory.  It's looking downright cared for!

Great to see, keep it up!

You mean poor life choices? LOL... all this money could be better spent on a M3

On 9/6/2021 at 10:42 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Anyone want to swap their BMW F30 340 LCI M-sport

Not interested in a swap, but there is an F30 335i Activehybrid in my family that may be on the market soon. It has some performance mods.....

On 06/09/2021 at 5:29 PM, GeeDog said:

Not interested in a swap, but there is an F30 335i Activehybrid in my family that may be on the market soon. It has some performance mods.....

Cheers mate! But the car of choice will need to be the 340i as it has the B58 💦💦💦

On 06/09/2021 at 3:10 PM, Jasoncauser said:

then a few mods down to my best of 13's now..

It never ends. I got the skyline into the 1:09's but there was a lot more in it... Got some new tyres and then lockdown. Trust me no matter how fast you go, you always want to be that 1 second faster! 

Wen I first started racing it took me a year to get my RX8 around our Hill climb course quicker than an old man in a diesel golf... Like anything just takes practice 

Also those Evos are so easy to drive, took my mates out, only was able to do 2 laps and got a 1:08, took no effort they literally make you're driving look good.

At least the skyline makes you work for it.... Maybe?

• Like 2

On 06/09/2021 at 9:22 PM, Tobz said:

At least the skyline makes you work for it.... Maybe?

They sure do, I hopped into my mate's S15 making 100kW less and ended up with my own PB of 1m7s.

Best I've ever gotten in my car has been 1m8.9s (pretty much 1m9s). The car has done low 1m8s with my other mate driving it.

Then you see fellas in M2s with not much track experience, bog stock cars running AD08R tyres and cleaning it up on the track!

• Like 1

Just an update, intake and exhaust side all hooked up.

Nearing boogie time 😀

It's a strange feeling paying someone to build your car, first time ever. 

Tuning will still be done by me, Alex said he's more than happy for me to tune it but just asks that I do a few certain things for him to still provide warranty on the motor. I suspect one would be taking it easy mid range with the timing as I'm running standard sized gudgeon pins.

Let's hope this time round this motor stays together 🚤🚤🚤

20210908_111421.jpg

20210908_111300.jpg

• Like 7

On 08/09/2021 at 9:06 PM, BK said:

Nice one Johnny ! Are you going to run with a proper crank trigger this time ?

For now, just the NZ Wiring cam trigger kit.

At some stage I "might" upgrade however the build costs have ballooned exponentially lol... so much for a budget track car 😂

On 08/09/2021 at 9:19 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

For now, just the NZ Wiring cam trigger kit.

At some stage I "might" upgrade however the build costs have ballooned exponentially lol... so much for a budget track car 😂

I feel your pain mate. Pray to the gearbox gods or you think it'll hold ?

On 08/09/2021 at 10:07 PM, BK said:

I feel your pain mate. Pray to the gearbox gods or you think it'll hold ?

Street use I suspect it will hold up, as soon as I step foot onto the grounds of Wakefield Park and attempt my 1st hot lap I might witness the box explode to bits 😂

Great progress my man, loving it. 

You already know I'm all about silver on black wheels and I'll be doing the Silvia that way because it's my jam, but what colour was this again? I have a feeling it was a mercedes colour or something? 

I like KAD from the R35 or WV2 from the R34 like mine was. 

IMG-20210305-WA0011.jpg.270dbf616edca86188a4d48ecdb5c6b8.jpg

KAD
Click image for larger version  Name: R35_front_composited_small.jpg Views: 768 Size: 111.7 KB ID: 5646

WV2
No photo description available.

• Like 2

@niZmO_Man Z looks pretty good, minus the rear end and the fact it's only a 2 seater.

Update time, looks like we might start it soon. Next is Fab work, will be redoing the hotside again (not happy with it) and doing the cold side. Hopefully it can still route through the pre-cut hole from the old set up and I can still retain my washer bottle. 

IMG-20210909-WA0016.jpg

• Like 2