SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

Old school term for a small for a small four cylinder car for chasing chickens around the farm yard !

Small run around car

Brings to mind when they released the Holden Gemini van and they were labeled "finger van" comparing them to the full sized Holed panel van of the same era !

I'll let you figure out how they got that Aussie slang name

On 26/11/2021 at 8:42 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Mrs Dose Pipe said no Korean cars, as much as they are better built than VW shit boxes they still don't have that level of sound deadening and comfort. Like getting jumping from a Rav 4 to a Tiguan, sure they're the same price but man the Tiguan much more comfy.

Ah good point, back to back testing is a must. I wouldn't say my F45 is quiet as it's a weird hatch with 18" wheels, but my SIL's newish i30 seems to be quieter. My gen 5 Liberty was pretty comfy so mass definitely matters.
What about the French? Peugeot?

On 01/12/2021 at 11:58 AM, niZmO_Man said:

Aww man, I was looking forward to 308 hybrid wagon :(
SQ5 it is then for you!

I have a soft spot for the late model SQ5s, we hired one in SA for a week and I can dare say it's the best car we've ever driven (all rounder).

It was fast, made stupid growly noises, ZF box, AWD (RWD bias), comfy, quiet when it needed to be, handled VERY well for a car that size. You would easily have thought you were in a Golf R going around corners!

• 4 weeks later...

Shit box update, fabricator chipping away at small tasks before the powder coaters open up to take the subframe and all the bits and bobs.

Since the splash guards had been deleted (wasnt my choice but pumped front guards, lipped, etc. there's no way to install the OEM splash guards) I wanted a way to protect the wiring from it being filed down by the tyre on full lock or full suspension travel. 

Work in progress, but you get the idea. Will have the guard prepped and powder coated black soon.

IMG-20211230-WA0006.thumb.jpg.d2cb4c32e961482e4c6cfa2304156a73.jpg

IMG-20211230-WA0010.thumb.jpg.7559395c570a9858f21f3817d525510c.jpg

IMG-20211230-WA0011.thumb.jpg.246cf81625f2c66c1a970220f7491eaf.jpg

• Like 5