SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

On 1/5/2022 at 10:48 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

I purposely made mine blend it and boring looking so it wouldn't stand out, last thing I want is attention.

It's not even low, it's probably in the top 10% of the world's highest R33s LOL

image.thumb.png.d77ebd4588e3b4042aefc727c0af1619.png

I think this proves my point moreso than yours, this is absolutely a more sporting looking vehicle than a M340i sedan. It is boring to you as you've seen it for many years, this is the human condition 😛

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 5/1/2022 at 1:37 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Price difference brah, M340i is still dreaming territory in terms of coinage, RS4 is true drug dealer league lol

They were talking M3s at one stage which the price point is closer the the rs4 and then both can see who has the bigger stone attached to their resale value 

• Like 1

Updates to the intake department, using an old intake pipe as a guide. That's going too 😁

Yeah I know, could easily reuse it blah blah blah but I want to sell it as a kit with my old intake cover, catch can setup.

Just final mock ups before it sees the powder coater with the subframe.

IMG-20220111-WA0006.thumb.jpg.f28ae4ccf3a34761ef242ae15e60ed89.jpg

IMG-20220111-WA0003.thumb.jpg.5f9ab22a9202a7b4d083e73f6ee8af00.jpg

• Like 4

On 12/01/2022 at 9:08 AM, Kinkstaah said:

As someone who is just starting to adapt the JSAI alloy airbox into my car..... and realising how 'fun' its gonna be.

What's the bottom line of this look like, the one that follows the chassis, lines, etc?

doesn't really line up to anything down there, I'll snap up some photos when I get the car back :) 

On 12/01/2022 at 11:54 AM, Kinkstaah said:

So... how does it seal, and not just pull air from the engine bay via the gaps?

there's no real "seal" however there is sufficient air to be drawn from the OEM side mount piping holes, guard, etc.

Would be great to fully seal it and have it suck only chilled external air, however it's a turbo car, with a decent FMIC so I'm not too concerned with the compressor inlet temperature, just as long as the intake air temp is sub 40~50 degrees at full tilt with awful amounts of boost thrown at it.

Surely having a pod in there removing all of the air in the box will cause it to draw from around the edges? I guess not with an air ram/scoop but the proof is in the IAT's really... but as discussed _less_ important on a turbo car as your intercooler is doing most of the work. But it helps to lessen the load the cooler must do though.

• Like 1