SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

On 30/03/2018 at 9:16 PM, WantGTR said:

Perhaps do a bypass?

2018-01-13_11-29-17

Hmmmm trying to think where I've heard this suggestion before?? 

But apparently it wasn't "a good idea" ?? 

"Nah a surge tank will be easier"  ???

If she's not setup right all the maths in the world won't help you dude. 

Just listen to Paul f**k ya! His system is PROVEN to work at power levels that far exceed yours and probably his too!

He basically handed you the formula for a million kw setup but you don't listen? DUUDE FARK!

The recipe ain't cheap..  But do it once! Gunna be cheaper than f**king around redoing shit! Or potentially costing you your motor Yeah?

Piggy has given you a recipe THAT WORKS! FOR FREE! It cost him a fortune and took alot of research and advice from some of the smartest kents in the game to aquire so Why argue? Just do it! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mick_o said:

Hmmmm trying to think where I've heard this suggestion before?? 

But apparently it wasn't "a good idea" ?? 

"Nah a surge tank will be easier"  ???

If she's not setup right all the maths in the world won't help you dude. 

Just listen to Paul f**k ya! His system is PROVEN to work at power levels that far exceed yours and probably his too!

He basically handed you the formula for a million kw setup but you don't listen? DUUDE FARK!

The recipe ain't cheap..  But do it once! Gunna be cheaper than f**king around redoing shit! Or potentially costing you your motor Yeah?

Piggy has given you a recipe THAT WORKS! FOR FREE! It cost him a fortune and took alot of research and advice from some of the smartest kents in the game to aquire so Why argue? Just do it! 

Actually copied the bypass from Goodezilla. 

Piggaz was very helpful too but theres more than one way to skin a cat.

You are right. Fuel systems arent cheap. I was originally going to do pump and injectors... shit blows out i guess

Edited by WantGTR
  • Like 1

It's fine Mick, I'm not copying Paul's set up as I don't intend to run a big lift pump so there's no need to run a bypass on the flex sensor. I'm sure his set up is amazing and he has spent heaps of time and money on it but I don't need a set up of that calibre.

Running a flex sensor between a surge tank and the main tank is fine, it's not pressured and the lift pump would be a DW200 or so, meaning the flex sensor itself won't be any form of restriction between the two.

Yes you can run the flex sensor on the rail return line back to the surge tank with a bypass like Paul but there's no need for my set up.

And yes I've done the maths there's no need for me to have a massive lift, there's no possible road or race track that can drain the 2.5L surge tank with my mediocre power producing RB, don't intend on making anything more than 450kW (nice to have power) but realistically about the 400kW mark is good anything more will be hard to handle on the track.

Johnny, isn’t the whole idea of a surge tank to have it full ALL THE TIME? Not 3/4, half sloppy around tank, empty at the end of the straight then turn into turn one, when you NEED IT!

Why not just run twin intank pumps? Defeated the purpose of a surge tank IMO if it’s not full all the time. ?

walbro 460 lift pump. The surge tank comes with -8 sized threads. Bit silly to go from -8 and pay for a a -8 to -6 adapter. Keep it -8 and put a bigger lift in it. You have 2x 460’s emptying the surge tank.

• Like 1

Will be fine, DW200 will do 355 L/hour at 0psi so that's 5.92 L/min.

Now I have 1550cc Bosch injectors by 6. At best they would be at 70% DC (I reckon less) so that's 6.5 L/min fuel consumption at max load. 

This means at max load at x rpm I would drain the surge in 54 seconds. 

Now there isn't a road straight and long enough to have the motor running at a fixed rpm at max load for even more than 20 to 30 secs at best. The only time I could see this happening is on the dyno load holding at x rpm and y load for a good minute lol.

I still need a surge tank, I found at Wakefield at times the motor would cut out at the back straight when the car had less than a 1/4 of a tank left. Twin internal pumps won't fix that also I won't have a line to run the flex sensor without needing a bypass.

all this talk about fuel systems

i just went with the don mega piggaz/scotty fuel system and called it a day... DONE. Yeah it's $$ but it's also PEACE OF MIND. I did question scotty if i could get away with a smaller lift pump but was told 'dont do it!!!!'......

~bakemonoricer.

So much cringe. So so much. Jesus christ.

Johnny it's good to see you being realistic with your setup VS your requirements. Why throw thousands of dollars at something when spending 1/3 as much will satisfy your needs. Us gts-t guys realise that we don't need a fuel system to support 800hp.

GTR guys and SR20 fags ^^ sure do love burning cash.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, iruvyouskyrine said:

So much cringe. So so much. Jesus christ.

Johnny it's good to see you being realistic with your setup VS your requirements. Why throw thousands of dollars at something when spending 1/3 as much will satisfy your needs. Us gts-t guys realise that we don't need a fuel system to support 800hp.

GTR guys and SR20 fags ^^ sure do love burning cash.

I concur. AI triple pump surge, 10an feed and return. Should be sufficient for your setup.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Some updates, after pulling out my flex sensor I've been able to command the injectors to do what I want but when I drop say I set the IPW at 1.5ms or under they still don't like it too much. Probably has to do with the fact they're 1550cc and I'm running a batch fired ECU. 

So solution? I drained the tank and poured in E85 and set the ethanol concentration to 85% when the flex sensor is not detected. Here it is now with 26 degrees of timing on idle, 14.7:1 AFR (gasoline scaling), 1.7ms IPW and idle at 900rpm.

• Like 5

On 4/24/2018 at 8:59 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

For good measure, car went to Mexico for stress testing.

IMG-20180422-WA0006.thumb.jpg.0d32612fc41fc08ad538ea96bce205db.jpg

That's disgusting. Some people think they can do anything on a public road.

Probably in a school zone with mum's with prams.

If I was a cop I would hunt down and throw the book at that total wanker...................

Parked illegally in the white land cruiser.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed up my cold start because it was bothering me, although the ECU will be upgraded and the tune will pretty much useless going to a different brand - but yeah, cold autumn morning and it fires first go now :)

Yes my tacho is fuuarked.

• 4 weeks later...