SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

On 11/14/2019 at 11:48 AM, robbo_rb180 said:

add in a manifold and external gate adds more $$$$. Been in the wrx from the g series thread and it is great but the cost to do it I think out weighs what the average person needs. For myself it was an extra $1600-1800 to go G series (vband housing, manifold & gate) over the gen2 gtx and I am happy with what I have done. If/when they do a T3 housing for G30 that will be when I jump on that band wagon.

Back on topic, so when you appearing on The Block?

Who knows how long it'll be but it's coming...

4 hours ago, Bond said:

So has it been on the dyno yet?

My own car? Nah been lazy. No incentive to get it on the dyno. House renos have taken priority lol.

I'm thinking of taking the motor out and putting in a Nitto oil pump, checking the bearings (sounds a bit "knocky" lately), and fitting a better balancer but that's effort.

19 minutes ago, GTofuS-T said:

oof...already? after all of... how few kms and no track time? ?

I did mince up the first set of Spool oil pump gears then replaced it with a new N1 pump and new Spool v2 gears. Then also noticed at high RPM (stationary) the power steering belt wobbles quite a bit, which shows signs of harmonics.

Sigh ?

Should have just popped in the stock NEO motor with a fresh HG, ARP studs and called it a day not get carried away and build the motor. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

Drop the sump and check the bearings. Dont drive it til you do. Do the oil pump while it's apart, don't f**k around and risk $$ on the motor. 

You had it balanced right? 

Yeah last time the oil pump went funny, I dropped the sump with the motor strapped up in place, no metal shavings and inspected 1x rod bearing and looked fine.

Crank was balanced, however I am starting to think it could the A/C idler too as there's a bit of play.

This week only, $240 for full set of Intima SR brake pads OR $250 for Elig Sports brake pads shipped with Invoice for Sumitomo caipers, i.e. Benshit DB1170 and DB1220.

Happily knock off $30 if you bank transfer (still get invoice, ShitPal takes a massive percentage for payment - so try and avoid)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

This week only, $240 for full set of Intima SR brake pads OR $250 for Elig Sports brake pads shipped with Invoice for Sumitomo caipers, i.e. Benshit DB1170 and DB1220.

Happily knock off $30 if you bank transfer (still get invoice, ShitPal takes a massive percentage for payment - so try and avoid)

mmmm, the sil80 will need new pads and rotors after Fridays looming trackday ?

I really should blog about my tuning aye? one of my mates gave me that idea - since I kind of already do it here on SAU but it just gets lost in the boat talk - have a read!

https://www.nhbautomotive.com.au/blogs/news/tuning-a-nissan-200sx-s15-on-e85-flex-tune

Also use the code NEARLYSUMMER for 15% off ALL BRAKE PADS :) 

• Like 1