SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

4 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

Say what? 

Waiiiiiiiiiiiiit.   I'm completely wrong here, I've assumed you're the same ActionDan who was on numerous NZ car forums and moved to Oz and is now on numerous Oz based forums - though now you said "Say what?" I notice you are in Vic, whereas he is in Perth.   Well f**k, all this time I've thought you were him ahhaha.

My bad.

Edited by Lithium

5 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

He sounds like a cool guy, cannot believe he stole my nickname though... it was given to me by my mates back when I used to be cool. 

Dan is a very powerful name.  I can only imagine what it'd be like to be an Action Dan.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Wanted to be sensible and buy an adult car, that didn't last long lol.

What ! What ?

My skyline is not a sensible car ? ? ? 

For shame !

Next you'll be tryin to tell me there's no Santa Clause !

I cant believe I forgot about this baby.
I may get stoned to death for this but any Ford Fans in here? More the old school bangers? 
My dad has a 1980 XD ESP 351 Clevo that is a pre public sale FPV Management car. (My inheritance in the waiting lol) He has been offered some pretty big coin for it, but she aint for sale. :) 
1232120105_Feb1980XDESP351.thumb.jpg.462914fdd0c2f306016fa7545996e2dd.jpg

• Like 3

Next car to setup and tune, 1JZ stock bottom with ARP studs, stock cams, and a GTX3076R Gen 2. Will be running flex fuel, and piles of boost.

Customer wants 300kW+ on 98RON and 400kW+ on E85. I did say to him you're running stock rod bolts, so we might have not overly push the setup. But let's see, starting the setup today - hope his wiring dude connected everything up properly, if not there's going to be 6 hours of swearing ahead.

IMG-20191220-WA0014.thumb.jpg.8ebb0cd2e28b28bdab0da856b3b3bb18.jpg

• Like 3

400+kw on that setup is going to involve swearing unless it's one of those builds where everything is actually setup correctly and it doesn't run out of fuel, spark, air, or things start popping off, getting too hot, or some combination above.

My bet is medium swearing and "We almost got there but one thing can't quite make it"

• Haha 1

And yep, nothing ever gets handed over to me 100%

Poor owner, paid $4k for a wiring up job with issues. 

I/Os were not configured, nor were they even in the god damn spreadsheet the wiring guy did, he simply just said work it out, it's not hard... ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Then came trying to setup the calibration table for the wideband, then found out the voltage received was wrong, took apart his dash and traced the wiring and guess what? The sensor ground wasn't connected to the wideband. 

Anyhow, after all of that finally got everything setup and temporarily connected the wideband's sensor ground to the chassis to get some form of output into the analogue input of the ECU I find that the stepper motor for the idle control valve doesn't work. Just sent Haltech a support ticket to see if the wiring is correct, if so perhaps the idle stepper motor is toast. Ended up using rotational idle to control the car's idle lol.

5 hours later, took the car on its maiden voyage, 1 bar of boost and she moves ok. Just no power steering, no vehicle speed sensor to ECU (as the wiring guy said it's not needed, what the?), no idle control valve, slightly off AFR input to ECU (currently no O2 control), and a slight fuel leak on the return lol..

Man I hate modded cars even more!

Anyhow, Merry Christmas All!

#skidsvideocoming

• 1 month later...

Long time no update, because there hasn't been an update.. but I did drive the car to work this week (thank god just once) because the wifey needed the car to see her sales team on a day where I also needed the car.

Anyhow, 1st time I drove the car in about 3 months - gosh it sucks in peak hour traffic to North Ryde LOL... not to mention the A/C causes the motor to stall when it comes on at low RPM, even with 20% additional DC on the IAC it's not enough. I suspect a cooked compressor and/or condenser (it is quite warped, looked like sometime ago it was in a light front ender).

Plans to fit the new A/C idler pulley - but at this rate I might as well swap out the A/C compressor.

Other than that, might buy a 100mm HDi GT2 core then tune the car once and for all, track it a few times, then strip sell :)

Unless.......... someone gives me 30k straight up and it's yours.

• 2 weeks later...

Did some work on the land boat, flushed the gearbox oil, lowered the front by another 8mm and replaced the AC idler.

Turns out I installed the original one incorrect so the belt was ever so slightly offset forward. On hard limiter bashing I assumed the belt would jump and hit the PS belt and throw it off.

Anyhow, regardless oId idler into the bin, new idler installed. Let's hope no more belts come flying off!

20200223_163530.thumb.jpg.88ec2efe5de96ad9e1bb7d867a175f69.jpg

On 2/7/2020 at 2:01 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Long time no update, because there hasn't been an update.. but I did drive the car to work this week (thank god just once) because the wifey needed the car to see her sales team on a day where I also needed the car.

Anyhow, 1st time I drove the car in about 3 months - gosh it sucks in peak hour traffic to North Ryde LOL... not to mention the A/C causes the motor to stall when it comes on at low RPM, even with 20% additional DC on the IAC it's not enough. I suspect a cooked compressor and/or condenser (it is quite warped, looked like sometime ago it was in a light front ender).

Plans to fit the new A/C idler pulley - but at this rate I might as well swap out the A/C compressor.

Other than that, might buy a 100mm HDi GT2 core then tune the car once and for all, track it a few times, then strip sell :)

Unless.......... someone gives me 30k straight up and it's yours.

Hey Johnny; 

I got two AC compressors in my garage, you can have, that only need the front bearings changed out if you need them.

Change out the bearing then swap out the compressor ! Might save you some time.

1 hour ago, PLYNX said:

Hey Johnny; 

I got two AC compressors in my garage, you can have, that only need the front bearings changed out if you need them.

Change out the bearing then swap out the compressor ! Might save you some time.

thanks Pete - but I probably won't get to this for a while (maybe never lol)

1 hour ago, ActionDan said:

And the noise? 

I think it's gone, but I also have a stupid Gates timing belt which makes a whirring noise too (ordered OEM, opened the box a year later, came with a Gates belt)