SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

• 2 months later...

So... I've kinda been on a hiatus with the stupid car/build. Thought about stripping it and buying a Golf GTI or R. But I hate euro tax, I hate that I can't tune the car myself, I hate that there are no plug in aftermarket ECUs for those heaps of shit, the hate list goes on for a while. I am not happy with paying someone wanker $1.2k for a bullshit "flash tune" which I know comprises of nothing special. So yeah, JDM revival time betches!

So ended up selling the old block but kept the sump. Upon removal it looked like someone had throw glitter into the motor lol. At least it lasted, and defied all Internet belief that you can't run more than 1.3bar on a stock RB25.

20170401_160107.thumb.jpg.bfe9cb47d3fefc44fe5491055cfb1668.jpg

During my downtime, I may have purchased this:

IMG-20170412-WA0032.thumb.jpg.4a3070af69b3690af49cbadf2e6a7ed9.jpg

And because I want 400kW now (for internetz credits, street cred and my sheer hate of VW tax) I bought some wanky Tomei 260/9.15mm cams and ARP head studs. Contemplating if I should pull off the head and replace the head gasket, do the valve seals and also install new valve springs.

Time will tell, after all this shit box has been off the road for 5 months now and hopefully once she's back on the road she stays on the road and not broken.

More to come..

• Like 1

Mine might be a touch laggy too as I've decided to put some 260 deg cams in. Being a NEO I'm also planning to spin it to about 8k rpm to have a decent rpm range to use.

Wish me luck LOL.

However always tricks to get it on earlier with either lean spool or pull timing as it comes on.

Yeah looks like I'll get the Nitto pump, it's only a bee's dick more than the Spool spline billet gears and a N1 Oil Pump housing.
I was trying to make the motor bullet proof, and that means rev limiter abuse proof like 1JZ and 2JZ, but I've read that the poor harmonics of the RB crank itself is enough to cause the crank snout to move and exceed it's normal circular travel cause any form of spline driven pump to misalign and go chomp. "Apparently" through Facebook whispers Nitto did the whole spline drive thing and abandoned it because it worked out more reliable keeping that Nissan oil pump drive style.

Went done the spool spline gear route. Wish me luck!

Sietbok updates, starting stripping down the RB25DET neo AWD and found out that the RWD sump bolts up to existing pre-tapped bolt holes - woohoo! Just need to cut and shut the pickup has it site further forward due to the front diff.

Will be sending the sump off to Spool Imports.

More to the less exciting shit, spent the better half of Sunday pulling off the manifold, turbo, plenum, etc. so that I can rip off the head. Everything was going well, till I stripped a allen bolt, brilliant! Called it quits after that also made a massive mess when the bolt stripped and the stand shook, sloshing oil all onto the shop floor. 

What a shit weekend, lucky for someone they scored a free front diff/sump haha

IMG-20170423-WA0014.thumb.jpeg.c49961826151f6110f1b6c3bcffe1b47.jpeg

IMG-20170423-WA0003.thumb.jpeg.d6d59b2e6ea2d98b8aca98b86c3835fb.jpeg