SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

As a doctor @dr phil you would be very familiar with data and facts haha.

Not like this Paleo Pete Evans ?

I'll pull some logs off the car at Wakefield, be good to see how my oil pressure, fuel pressure, oil and fuel temps behave on the track. There's a 6.5L baffled ASR sump in there too.

Picked up this blob, actually lighter than the HDi dim sum bok choy cooler.

I opted for stealth black with no logo so I can tell people in public it's a black eBay 76mm IC ?

Also in the odd event where it's parked somewhere out of my view it doesn't attract any attention because the entire car looks like a clapped out shit box.

20200620_182440.thumb.jpg.97d6b052868a168d5b6ff85367333774.jpg

20200620_182513.thumb.jpg.b34156d4d2e5b963d06d45b7748c6162.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Robzilla32 said:

It is such a nice piece of kit

Mine lasted one trip out and some arsehead kicked it with a steelcap boot and put a dent in it.

Now painted black and hidden behind factory mesh.

The only people that would know what a Plazmaman cooler is are enthusiasts... but if your an enthusiast, how could you bring yourself to do that... F*King can't believe it =/

8 minutes ago, Murray_Calavera said:

The only people that would know what a Plazmaman cooler is are enthusiasts... but if your an enthusiast, how could you bring yourself to do that... F*King can't believe it =/

i doubt it's Plazmaman specific vandalism, more likely a bogan jealous of a shiny modified car he can't afford due to his ciggie and VB habit

56 minutes ago, GTofuS-T said:

@Dose Pipe Sutututu Is that the plazmaman piping kit you're running too?

Correct, but has been slightly modded on the hot side to suit the high mount.

Cold side was cut and slightly shortened to fit the existing hole made by the previous owner for the bing bong HDi FMIC.

2 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

@Robzilla32 what the actual fuark?

Some people need to be put down, what a flog. Sorry it happened to you mate.

Yeah, it sucked all right. Was away for a trip with the Mrs. Saw it happen while I was in a convenience store or 7/11 or whatever. Came out to challenge the guy but he pissed off. Don't know what I would have realistically achieved - probably got my head punched in. Was worried about it leaking but it was fine.

Probably as per the comment from @GTofuS-T below....saying this as I knock back the red wines

1 hour ago, GTofuS-T said:

i doubt it's Plazmaman specific vandalism, more likely a bogan jealous of a shiny modified car he can't afford due to his ciggie and VB habit

• Sad 1

Don't trust tow truck drivers to look after your expensive intercoolers either. Had a customers car get picked up from our workshop, towie winched off the crossmember rather than the tow strap hanging out the front, caved the bottom of the Plazmaman intercooler in. Took out the brand new custom piping as well, and because it was using Plazmaclamps it was a total disaster.

The Pro Series coolers are strong pieces of gear though, definitely proper. Still worked no problem with the dent at 800hp.

On 6/20/2020 at 9:08 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Cold side was cut and slightly shortened to fit the existing hole made by the previous owner for the bing bong HDi FMIC.

damn, think i'm running the same setup, but really like the J-pipe delete and room for factory snorkel with the Plazmaman style

1 hour ago, Ben C34 said:

Did the car survive the weekend?

Sure did, however it did trip the engine protection a few times around big g corners on power (back straight of Wakefield).

Oil pressure dropped under 2bar a few times around big corners on boost. As @Dale FZ1 pointed out big power, big boost = elevated crank case pressure. I did notice each time it cut the car would spew considerable amounts of oil into the catch. It seems the oil cannot be evacuated back into the sump due to the positive pressure.

On main straights, no issues - this means having a head drain won't really solve my problem (also clocked 192km/h+ a few times, it moves). So yeah, motor out ? to weld on a sump fitting and connect it up to my catch can also gives me a chance to correct my shitty job at sealing the sump on the motor as it was weeping haha.

Managed a slower time of 1m11.5s due to being rusty, different tyre setup and too much power LOL.

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Spewin you didnt get the 1.10 you were after.

I have the same issue with my can, accept mine vents to atmo so decided to spew it out the vent all over the engine bay. That was fun to clean up.

So Im going to have to do some more mods on the oil side of things as well.
Head Drain to sump, closed can to sump, oil restriction in head etc.
Plus on top of that the dorian timer they gave me had flat batteries so no lap times recorded for me :(
will have to work out lap times of the gopro lol

@Jasoncauser great putting a face to a name! 

Time for an Android phone ?

I use Race Chrono purely for speed timing and live lap timing in car, gives you data so you're able to improve each lap.

purely for bragging rights, clocked 192km/h down the main straight haha

Screenshot_20200622-094626_RaceChrono.thumb.jpg.a30eda41836e12a86b3bb2306b18bbbf.jpg

• Like 1