SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

On 23/07/2020 at 10:21 AM, Jasoncauser said:

Yer I just tried the link and works fine, but you may need to be a member of that Outside Skylines group to see it? 

They also put this post up the other day which does show some merit :)
But can you believe everything you see on facebook lol

image.png

It would be more useful if you knew what other oil control that engine had in place. Is it a case of 30 minutes of drifting, filled catch can, decided to pull engine out and fit sump vents and oil restrictors, or did they just fit those splash plates? By the way it's written, you would hope they have just fit the splash plates and it's a straight back to back. But who knows.

End of the day, it probably all helps. But the big ones are all in the oil control thread, and I don't believe these splash plates are a solution on their own. You don't fix 30 years of inherent oil control problems with some $80 bolt-ons.

Popped my exhaust back on, so much better!

Has a rolled exhaust tip and it's smaller too, no more cut shins!

Ordering more fittings off MSCN next week to vent the crank case into the catch can, hopefully that should "solve" the catch can issue. If not, motor is coming out, I'm going to fit a Nitto oil pump and weld on 2x sump fittings.. because made a bad decision, bought a R33 and now paying for it.

image.thumb.png.f21681c9dc162a0019f81562f7867f6c.png

55 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

@mlr legit feels like it, with the money spent, could have bought a nice M240i or nearly a M2/3/4

As long as it is bringing joy, because if it's not, then stop dropping cash on it and save the dosh for a better toy.

Okay, 2 months later I decided to fit the FMIC, also turns out my old HDi bok choy FMIC was leaking. Explains why boost was hard to control and also why the car always felt a bit flat off boost. That's the blow by oil weeping through the core lol

20200801_112040.thumb.jpg.63e60a0f48fc611c5bf0cc71ba920249.jpg

Anyhow, fitted crank case vent to catch can, also fitted the Plazmaman Pro Series core. Car actually drives better now as it comes onto boost, much more down low and looking at the factory boost gauge I'm getting positive manifold pressure starting at 2700rpm. Big improvement, will go back and dyno it again soon and see what I can achieve with the combo.

(Please ignore those potato hoses from the cam covers to the catch can, all temporary until I go FFP and fit nice fittings and lines)

20200801_141325.thumb.jpg.88dc19752d9fca64797c0b7a87f8dfd4.jpg

20200801_141254.thumb.jpg.922b40575257770825d21985c366817c.jpg

• Like 4

See what comes up @robbo_rb180 right now going to squeeze in a few track days in between finding a new place.

ANZ has royally fked up our plans too, still waiting on our refinance to settle and it's been nearly 3 weeks. Not to mention it took over 2 months for our application to be approved! In too deep now, so yeah.

Stay away from ANZ, bunch of flogs.

Man I need a proper intercooler, you can just see the quality difference. I'm thinking of buying a Hypertune core and making some carbon end tanks, but my wallet is really arguing against it. I feel like I should just give up on ever completing my build this year and buy everything that tickles me ?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

See what comes up @robbo_rb180 right now going to squeeze in a few track days in between finding a new place.

ANZ has royally fked up our plans too, still waiting on our refinance to settle and it's been nearly 3 weeks. Not to mention it took over 2 months for our application to be approved! In too deep now, so yeah.

Stay away from ANZ, bunch of flogs.

Sucks to hear about bank drama. Freeing up some dollars for a BMW or more Reno's? 

4 hours ago, Unzipped Composites said:

Man I need a proper intercooler, you can just see the quality difference. I'm thinking of buying a Hypertune core and making some carbon end tanks, but my wallet is really arguing against it. I feel like I should just give up on ever completing my build this year and buy everything that tickles me ?

Please do this. How would you bonding to aluminium go with the pressure?