SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

4 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

@robbo_rb180 they're a pretty decent street/track pad as they give you near track pad performance but a street pad feel, ie not much heat required.

New day, new part, and wasted more money ?

Now to find time to delete the haram clutch dampener. 

20200806_135024.thumb.jpg.5b671dc85d9bb13ab5643802841fd8d2.jpg

When I did this I didn’t notice any difference. The R4C feels the same wouldn’t even know I changed my lines 

3 hours ago, WR33KD said:

When I did this I didn’t notice any difference. The R4C feels the same wouldn’t even know I changed my lines 

I think I did a potato job at bleeding the clutch before and might not be 100% free of air hence the spongey pedal. At least with this simplification it's going to be much easier to bleed.

7 hours ago, ActionDan said:

Why do you want to damage that car so much lol 

Because it's still under warranty, and why buy a SUV and not use it properly right? Out of the Tiguans on the Tiguan group on Facebook I would say I treat mine with the respect it needs. Plenty of LCs, off road adventures and coolant leaks.

3 hours ago, Count Grantleyish said:

Reliability testing. 

legit this... will test it until it's nearly out of warranty and will sell it lol

59 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Because it's still under warranty, and why buy a SUV and not use it properly right? Out of the Tiguans on the Tiguan group on Facebook I would say I treat mine with the respect it needs. Plenty of LCs, off road adventures and coolant leaks.

legit this... will test it until it's nearly out of warranty and will sell it lol

Word

Some people couldn't believe I thrashed my STI along dirt roads in the boondocks of Queensland and NSW.

I cannot see the point of owning a niche car and not beating on that niche.

If not, they should just buy Corolla.

End of old man rant.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh I get that, some people are upset because my side steps are dented and I've added scratches to what was a fairly neat low k's Prado, but in the end it's just a car and I wanted to go exploring and learning. 

That said, you seem to be going a step further and actively trying to break it lol 

Broken from usage and broken from rape is different ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Somewhat a proper update?

Last Saturday my mate came over to help me remove the diff (because I was lazy and was going to drop the car off at the diff shop instead). Yesterday I dropped the diff unit at Smithfield Diff & Gearbox and today Anthony gave me a call said my diff was locking more on one wheel than the other and the clutch discs inside were fairly scuffed.

He suggested he would clean up the discs, remove the scuff marks and re-arrange the plates so the lock can be evenly distributed. At the same time the diff unit will get new seals, new bearings and backlash re-adjusted (as there was some play, due to wear and tear). Was advised that there will be a little bit of whine as the crown is a little thrashed, however I said that's fine as it's not a street car.

Will be getting it back early next week and will spanner check the car for the 14th of September at Wakefield. Have quite a few mates going:

• 3x EVOs
  • 2x Mirages (both turbo charged)
  • 3x Nissans
  • 1x Honda with K20 Swap
  • Like 4