Jump to content
  • Welcome to SAU Community

    Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

    • Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

    Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

    Click here to register


Dose Pipe Sutututu

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, iruvyouskyrine said:

fisch automotive are making RB conversion bellhousings for CD boxes at the moment, im very interested

keep me in the loop, maybe when it's ready I would have moved into a bigger place with more room to play with the boat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, R33s on Facebook groups are selling like hot cakes.

A R33 S1, basic built motor, simple parts listed up for $18k and sold within an hour.

Can't imagine what my dim sum special R33 S2 would sell for.

I'm a bit motivated now and might considering cutting out the rust in the poorly rolled guards and doing a proper open door respray.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking that the other day, not for me/the Silvia (though those are going north fast too, my car is too far gone though).

Now might be the time you can sell out and get your 335. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Wow, R33s on Facebook groups are selling like hot cakes.

A R33 S1, basic built motor, simple parts listed up for $18k and sold within an hour.

Can't imagine what my dim sum special R33 S2 would sell for.

I'm a bit motivated now and might considering cutting out the rust in the poor rolled guards and doing a proper open door respray.

Do it!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

I was thinking that the other day, not for me/the Silvia (though those are going north fast too, my car is too far gone though).

Now might be the time you can sell out and get your 335. 

At this rate might as well aim for a M3 F80 LCI lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This ISO bullshit has a lot to answer for!!  The price of EVERYTHING has gone up.  Crazy how expensive R33 and R34's have become the last few months!  Used motorbikes have gone through the roof too.  Everyone is spending more time at home on the couch bored shitless buying crap they can't even use....

Good if you're selling anything, not so good for buyers...

@Dose Pipe Sutututu your car is now a highly valuable collectors item.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is yours @Shoota_77!!!

Just crazy, imagine one day this happens and someone just walks up and goes to me "I'll trade you my low km F80 LCI M3 for your unfinished R33"

Oh boy haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait ! What ? Are you telling me my R33 is now worth the 18K  paid for it . . . .15 or 16 years ago ? ? ! ! 

Yay ! That's friggen legendary !

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

So is yours @Shoota_77!!!

Just crazy, imagine one day this happens and someone just walks up and goes to me "I'll trade you my low km F80 LCI M3 for your unfinished R33"

Oh boy haha

Mate you need to get over this BMW thing!  I can't stand the bloody things!  I'd rather the Skyline all day!  Yeah they're expensive to own but nothing compared to a BMW that has conveniently just run out of warranty!  There is pretty much not one BMW I would choose over a Skyline (dollar for dollar).  A $100K Skyline makes a $100K BMW cry in shame! :)   As a track car they're possibly able to be lived with but I just find them so hard to find enjoyable as a road car.  They handle like a junkies eyeballs after a 3 day dry spell...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Shoota_77 said:

This ISO bullshit has a lot to answer for!!  The price of EVERYTHING has gone up.  Crazy how expensive R33 and R34's have become the last few months!  Used motorbikes have gone through the roof too.  Everyone is spending more time at home on the couch bored shitless buying crap they can't even use....

Good if you're selling anything, not so good for buyers...

@Dose Pipe Sutututu your car is now a highly valuable collectors item.  

 

It won't have anything to do with Covid. Prices have been on the rise for the last couple of years. 

 

Having just pulled the Skyline off the road to go full race car - I try not to pay any attention to what clean 34's are selling for 🤢

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Unzipped Composites said:

 

It won't have anything to do with Covid. Prices have been on the rise for the last couple of years. 

 

Having just pulled the Skyline off the road to go full race car - I try not to pay any attention to what clean 34's are selling for 🤢

I have a K's model 2 Tone Silvia I've butchered, I also try not to look ;)

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Unzipped Composites said:

 

It won't have anything to do with Covid. Prices have been on the rise for the last couple of years. 

 

Having just pulled the Skyline off the road to go full race car - I try not to pay any attention to what clean 34's are selling for 🤢

Yeah they've been rising steadily but 100% Covid has had an effect on pricing.  I've been keeping a pretty close eye on R34 coupes for the last 6 months dreaming that I'd get one as a daily and I've noticed that they've jumped massively the last 5-6 months.  Good luck finding a turbo R34 Coupe under $25K now.  Even non turbos are gone from the market that were there earlier in the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Shoota_77 said:

Good luck finding a turbo R34 Coupe under $25K now

Just stupid, a few years ago you could get these for sub $10k (auto ones)

image.png.5fcd89386be67212ebe4bf3d2b9e22d1.pngimage.png.76bcbfe4e3d1ccdc624d193c2694d859.pngimage.png.e819d07c4a2530980e396fa0df62033c.png

Last car is the best though, all speculative power:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1998-nissan-skyline-25gt-t-r34-manual/SSE-AD-148104/?Cr=5

image.png.27b2ae9d7185b5a3a56b175c2fc7fcd7.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And here's another thing that's driving the prices up :

"CAN SHIP TO USA OR UK AND CLEAR CUSTOMS ADDITIONAL COSTS NOT INCLUDED"

God bless America !

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol i just saw an r33 gtst "sleeper" for 30k on facebook! absolutely nuts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DaymoR32 said:

lol i just saw an r33 gtst "sleeper" for 30k on facebook! absolutely nuts!

stock motor sleeper LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

stock motor sleeper LOL

i might put my 32 GTST up for sale, no price just straight swap for r35 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...