SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

1 hour ago, BakemonoRicer said:

Are you aware the CD009 will become the lowest point on the car? They hang a LOT lower than the chassis rails, just an FYI. 

What you need is a Samsonas....... 

lol... fuark the peer pressure is real, also my car isn't that low (as you can see in the photos).

38 minutes ago, BakemonoRicer said:

Paintjob looks mad.... did you take the strut towers off to do a rust repair while engine out?

E.g. 

http://blog.garage-yoshida.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/IMG_0100.jpg

http://blog.garage-yoshida.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/IMG_0099.jpg

We sanded the towered back to bare metal around the rust areas, wasn't as bad as those photos. Hit is mum with rust converter and re-sealed, then painted over.

For real, I am currently shopping for a very expensive gearbox while my clutch is out. (???? cars...)

Buy once, cry once, then enjoy the benefit.

That said is there actually any benefit with a Samsonas for your intended use 😛

35 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Can grab another gear mid drift at Powercruise and look like a sik karnt :D

But no.. I will not Samsonas my car.

But how can this should work at all ? . . . . . 

Easy samosa recipes to cook at home during lockdown

2 hours ago, dr phil said:

Somebody please do a BMW DCT conversion. There is a GTR kit now for the transfer case too.

I looked into this for the LS! It looks like there's an adaptor plate for the LS, and the gearbox itself....

... and nothing else. No easy to find dimensions/sizes of things, no electronics, 
Noone sells the rest of the 'kit' to make it actually 'work'.

But I wish they did >.>

18 hours ago, dr phil said:

Somebody please do a BMW DCT conversion. There is a GTR kit now for the transfer case too.

I'm looking at this for the Silvia using HGTs stand alone. It "appears" on paper to not be that much more than CD009 conversion, but obviously with a little more work/complexity. 

As my car will only be a little 4cyl, I am hoping I can get away with the ZF8HP70 or 75. 

Flappy paddle last minute corner entry/exit changes would be pretty hektik though... 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

Flappy paddle last minute corner entry/exit changes would be pretty hektik though... 

Very sex, this is why you see M2/3/4s at Wakefield just fly out of the fish hook, all the manual boys trying to rev match, shift dis dat, they're just cycling through the gears and flying out.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2021 at 2:20 PM, niZmO_Man said:

I got hungry. Checked the freezer, no samosa :(

Wait what ? You keep gearboxes in your freezer ? ! ? 

Man how big a freezer have you got ?