SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

4 hours ago, Shoota_77 said:

So this is in the new house yeah?  You're a mad man ripping into a new joint but it may as well suit what you want!

500 kW in a rear wheel drive setup will be INSANE.  Zero chance I could handle that much power in a RWD.  I'd be wrapped around a pole in no time.  RIP me.

Yeah, house was done October 2020, we bought the shit box in Nov 2020 auction.

Had too many sex spec shit, which we changed. Then the 3rd bathroom, which would never be used we are converting into a proper laundry/powder room.

Having your washer/dryer in your pantry is not very user friendly. Guys who designed the place probably still live at home with their parents.

400kW was enough to give me cold sweats at the track, I think 500kW with a sex spec power band is what I'm after. I'm sure with enough seat time you'll be fine, I doubt youll wrap it. Think about it, your GT-R would be just as lethal.

I remember the days I thought 300kW RWD was mental, but with properly thought out geometry you find 400kW hooks up fine. 500kW, well that should be interesting 😂

10 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

Oh man ,as if you pull apart a newly built house. That can't be a sensible use of of money.

Spend the money on the the r33

Much better investment in your future!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ah. The world of front loaders. I don't have 2+hrs for each load. I don't care if top loaders use more water and make more noise. I can repair them myself when they go bunk (as opposed to the $3000/month service bill for an Asko! :p ) and can get a decent load done in <60 minutes.

Huh?

The last front loader we had lasted 12yrs and cost $700 - Good guy Samsung. I gave it away still working but with a noisy spin action - still going (a mate uses it to wash his filthy work gear only in the shed lol). 

It required 1x $34 water tap solenoid in it's life and needed to have tek screws removed from the drain a handful of times (bout 15mins work for me). 

New one takes 55mins to do a load, can go as low as 15 for lightly soiled shit (but I have 2 kids so we use longer run time). 

Ain't nobody using the full run time cotton program that takes 2-3hrs. 

Don't buy an Asko? 

• Thanks 1

I've used it, not bad but you know I'm all about that off grid energy saving life so it's cold wash for me dawg. 

Wouldn't as bad if you could plumb hot water to as well as cold but everything these days is cold only then used 3000+w elements to heat the water. 

I've already heated my water, let me use it and not pay twice! 

#dadlife

This thread is a real mixed bag... 

Edited by ActionDan
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

This thread is a real mixed bag...

well it is a home improvement & car improvement thread is it not? LOL

I've just signed up for a 6.6kW solar system too, with Origin. Sure it wasn't cheap, sure I could have gotten a better deal elsewhere but going with Origin worked out better for me, because:

• 24 Months interest free repayments (money better parked in offset)
  • $0.22 feed in tariff (best at the moment is AGL at $0.17, others are as shit as single digits)
  • Some what better warranty, they won't be doing a runner anytime soon

Some basic calculations as follows:

image.thumb.png.4c50dfd72884b4456d63551c0d657261.png

Just be carefull with your feed in tariffs when comparing. Make sure you check the terms, as I know Red energy has a high feed in but its only for the 1st year. 
Im with AGL at (like you mentioned) 17c. 
But 22c is interesting! 

• Like 1