SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Lockdown dis dat, anyhow after 3 months of shit just sitting in boxes I decided to do something.

Probably the last time I do something for a while too, my back is sore and my hands are dirty now 😅

Was on the market looking for a used one, wow.. people are wanting like $300 for an used condenser, ended getting a new one for $650.

20210626_123845.thumb.jpg.5ee1ec58a079d05d68c6757639d7a262.jpg

20210626_171058.thumb.jpg.6088b1e551172d95ade9265453fcefbc.jpg

20210626_171022.thumb.jpg.722c23fa50ec715d167e52c1046e0f87.jpg

20210626_170926.thumb.jpg.eb97812fe87402b35746fcdf6d8552af.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Unzipped Composites said:

Haha... I threw my condenser in the bin when I stripped the car down, imagining that second hand they were worth 3 cents and a mouldy apple core.

It's covid tax, it has ruined the JDM market.

Long gone are the days of running R33 S2 for $5k to $7k 😔

That's why I chose to go to town and respray and send its mum.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Amayama, worked out cheaper than local because I bought a bunch of stock seals, gromets, interior bits and bobs.

Vega Motorsports guy has them for GT-Rs at a reasonable price.

Just had a look at r32 ones are almost $1200 😞

• Sad 1

Can we get thread back on track please.

How are you sydney carnts getting 22c feed in tariff, im in newcastle and did the ring around to every company last year and the very best i was offered was 12c. My solar is about 6 years old now though, are you only getting such a good rate because you got Origin to do a complete solar install?

I can't even imagine getting 50+c a kWh lol

15 minutes ago, iruvyouskyrine said:

Can we get thread back on track please.

How are you sydney carnts getting 22c feed in tariff, im in newcastle and did the ring around to every company last year and the very best i was offered was 12c. My solar is about 6 years old now though, are you only getting such a good rate because you got Origin to do a complete solar install?

I can't even imagine getting 50+c a kWh lol

Have a look at AGL, apparently they're doing 20c for the first year!

I'm only getting 22c FIT because I'm going with Origin's Solar system (which is overpriced compared to others, but the only way to get the 22c FIT).

17 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

I just got an email saying I can no longer get 10.2 it's now dropping to 6.7... what the f**k. 

Time to go shopping!

Update, here's a full day's worth of data. Pretty nice sunny day, barely any clouds in the sky.

6.6kW system with 17x 390W JA Solar panels (cheap shit) and a 5kW GoodWe inverter (also cheap shit). Origin didn't really have flexibility with their package choices but after reading into it and also the warranty plus Origin's guarantee of craftsmanship I was sold, especially with the 22c FIT. 

We have a North facing double storey house with a colorbond roof. Means theoretically we would get better sunlight coverage.

@PranK what is it with these 250px max width thumbnails? Lol.

1233411653_Screenshot_20210704-222920_SEMSPortal.thumb.jpg.6c4c3765e9769a830d1570eabbffe370.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/27/2021 at 10:08 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Amayama, worked out cheaper than local because I bought a bunch of stock seals, gromets, interior bits and bobs.

Vega Motorsports guy has them for GT-Rs at a reasonable price.

would be great if there was a newer nissan you could buy the bits from. i need the whole AC assembly apart from the bit under the dash essentially. im looking at a fortune if i want AC back in my car (which i do)

• Like 1