SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

On 8/11/2021 at 9:33 AM, Jasoncauser said:

I wish Wakefield and eastern creek were in GTS lol
Bathurst is the only Aussie track int he game
Can get them in Assetta Corsa (via download) on the PC (not console) 

I think it was in grid on PS4 they had Sydney Motorsport park

• 3 weeks later...

Making myself a temporary DBW patch harness.

It's nothing pro or club level, just amateur level stuff. Pulled apart Narva 7 core trailer wire and bundled up what I needed.

Still figuring out where I want certain sensors and looms run. 

Also, repurposing the old AFM and O2 wiring into an EMAP. For some reason I was under the assumption the power for the AFM is sensor +5V, clearly it isn't so have repinned the narrowband O2 input as a +5V feed for the pressure sensor.

20210829_130519.jpg

20210830_103854.jpg

20210830_114036.jpg

20210830_123614.jpg

20210828_161042.jpg

• Like 1

On 31/08/2021 at 8:54 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

And done, finished after my son went to bed.

I'm using a V35 Skyline pedal, I did have Z33 350Z one but I didn't like the alloy pedal and wanted a stock looking one.

20210830_213715.jpg

Look at you go makin stuff!  Good job! I might go rob the neighbours Triton to war and make my own! 😂

On 31/08/2021 at 9:57 AM, Shoota_77 said:

Look at you go makin stuff!  Good job! I might go rob the neighbours Triton to war and make my own! 😂

The Asian in me didn't want to pay some auto electrician to make a temporary harness 😂

Future state, will plan out where I want everything to be, and how the cables will be routed and then will pay someone to do the full loom.

FWIW, Narva 7 core trailer wire comes with slightly smaller cable (2.5mm diameter) compared to Narva 5 core trailer wire.

A bit overkill for sensors and a DBW motor still.

• Like 1

overkill is pretty much always better than under doing it when it comes to wiring!  Are you running the pedal wiring back across under the dash to the ECU and then out through the firewall or are you running some of it straight through the firewall at the pedal to the DBW motor?

• Like 1

Wiring is going across the firewall (cabin side), then the TB wiring will come out the grommet driver side and then out through that hole where the brake master cylinder is.

I thought about using the throttle cable hole but the DBW TB plug wont fit (unless I de-pin it).

Following Haltech's instructions I ran all sensor power from the pedal & TB back to the ECU side. I've seen some harnesses where sensor power goes from ECU to pedal, then pedal to the TB. I can't see a real issue with that - however better just stick to what Haltech documents to avoid any issues.

Oh hai, I'm sure someone will ask, "why didn't you get I-Beam connecting rods?"

Simply put it, I'm not after 746kW at the wheels. There's 0 desire for it, so these Manly H-Beam connecting rods are perfect for my requirements. Not to mention they came out unscathed from cracking a block in my old motor.

Pretty excited, should be up and running soon enough 😁

IMG-20210831-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20210831-WA0014.jpg

• Like 5