SAU Community

Road tuning, I need a mentor

Ruthr33

Road tuning, I need a mentor

Hello, finally got my rb30 running. It was definatly worth it. Boost comes on earlier etc. still thinking about running 8cm rear housing cause there's not enough tourque for me. It's got plenty of power don't get me wrong. Ive got a feeling it has to do with timing comming on to boost .I'm currently road tuning. Found a copilot so I don't have to think to much. 

dont go 8cm, we did back to back 8cm and 10cm on a t67 on 2.5 and found the 8cm just choked it, its posted on here somewhere or on our facebook page.

I changed it last night. Took it for a drive to day. It's everything I've been wanting and more. It spikes to 20psi then dies down to 15.  it spins the wheels in 1 2 3. 

I'm so much happier with every charictoristic. It's got 5 psi at 3000

I was never looking for over 300kw just tourque.

i hated the 25 with 10cm. The 30 with 10 cm was ok. But with the 8cm it's like a v8

im going to sell it now and get my dream car. An r32 gtr completely stock with a 3.4l

It wouldn't be stock then would it lol. Hope you have deep pockets my friend with the cost of a 3.4L and R32 gtr's at the moment.

On topic, road tuning is not easy and is a time consuming process to fine tune maps. I hope you have the right equipment at your availability so you don't do damage.

Yes. I agree, with everything u say, especially the tuning. I'm scared my afrs are lean on boost transition especially when I'm not full throttle. Full throttle is 11.7 but leading up to that seems a lot lighter if I'm moderating the throttle. That's somthing I'll address in the next drive to keep it safe. I'm keen to get some ears on to listen to knock aswell before the next drive. If there's one thing I know it's I have no idea what I'm doing..

as for the over oiling thing I think I've got that covered. After a total of 3 hours of reving to the limiter I've collected 200mm of oil in my catch can. Easily eliminated by running a t piece to the turbo drain.

Better to put more fuel in and take it out later to be safe than lean out and destroy a motor. What sort of ecu do you have? Knock ears and equipment isn't cheap just as a FYI. Also what sort of wideband are you running?

Plenty of variables to consider, if you are really keen I'd suggest getting stuck into tuning forums and doing plenty of research to further your knowledge on tuning. Tuning a full throttle run is quite easy to do and takes minimal effort but getting a perfect map for different load points will take time and patience.

As a side note, 200ml (if that is correct) is a massive amount of oil to have collected in the catch can even if you are bashing limiter for 3 hours (not sure why you need to be revving to the limiter constantly either).