SAU Community

Car transportation

nagari

Car transportation

I recently arranged Ceva Logistics to transport a GTR 32 from Adelaide, to my home in Melbourne.

The car was delivered to the Adelaide depot by the owner, and then sent to the Melbourne depot where it remained for 5 days, before delivery by flat tray, to my home address.

Fortunately, the owner sent me a photo of the odometer reading, taken when he dropped the car off at the Adelaide depot ,and I was surprised to see that 18.8 KLM. had been added to the mileage when it arrived at my home.

Despite repeated requests to the Ceva depot manager ,and the Ceva State manager, for an explanation  as to the increased  mileage, I have been completely ignored.

I can only assume that my car was taken for an unauthorised drive ,(thrash), whilst in their possession.

I am posting this as a warning for others, that may be considering using Ceva for car transport in the future.

In hindsight, I should have read the Ceva reviews before using this firm.

• Like 2

There should be paperwork which shows the mileage of your car being received and dropped off by Ceva. Plus photos from your side at the depot as added support.

Respectively the car should only be travelling a short distance to be stored in the depot before being transported by truck. Obviously someone has misused the car which is not acceptable.

If Ceva don't respond to your complaint I would be taking it further to an Ombudsman or exposure elsewhere of their wrong doings so more people aware.

Sorry to hear it has happened to you. I've used Ceva before and didn't have a negative experience.

Keep us updated with how you go if you decide to proceed further with your complaint.

• Like 1

I'd definitely be annoyed if the kms went up. But are you sure that the photo was taken from where it was dropped off rather than the seller taking a photo then going for a drive?

But that is definitely not on and is not appropriate. I would take it further to the authorities if you can and get something done about it, while it is only 18kms it should not have gone up regardless (besides the small amount of distance for it to move around the yard etc)

Because

• Like 1

I used Ceva for the transport of my car between Perth and Melbourne. It had approx 2kms added to it. I used the premium service so it was all documented. I had no problems with them, although a friend who works in the transport industry did warn me of their reputation.

• Like 1

Yeh DOH!

Of course the photo was taken when i dropped off the car.

Obviously a great insight to your mindset as to what you would have done when selling a car!

The car was dropped off at the front office, i took immediate photo & then did paperwork which clearly states KMS, car only had to be driven round the back.

When you sell car & receive payment., i consider the car not mine anymore.

• Like 1

^^ I don't think OP was having a go at you as the seller. I think it more towards letting people know so they are careful in the future.

Re-reading this, i see your point.
Also love your username. :)

Hey Steve allgood mate, i was referring to Nathan aka SPUDATOE not Ross Nagari.
Ross is a great honest bloke.
Cheers
Mark

Not having a go at you mate, but in all honestly I could see it happening, although unlikely you I wouldn't rule it out. And in this day you really can't trust people, obviously you sent legit photos so you are out of the equation.

OP should really take it further to the authorities as the shipping company clearly doesn't give two craps about it.

Also it's spudtatoe.

Just to add a bit more information.

When I first contacted the Melbourne depot manager, he confirmed that the mileage,  was the same as in the photo, when it left the  Adelaide depot.

When I then questioned him about the added mileage from his depot to my home address, he said he would look into it and get back to me.

I am still waiting to hear from him !

When I e-mailed the Ceva State manager outlining my concerns ,I suggested that possible security footage from the Melbourne depot might be of interest, especially as the car was in the Melbourne depot from Friday ,until delivered the following Wednesday.

I find the total lack of response disappointing,not even acknowledgement of receiving my e-mails.

I had used Ceva transport previously, without any issues.

NOTE---CEVA reviews make interesting reading.

• Like 1

Hey SPUDTATOE no problems & apologies for spelling your name wrong, just got back from visiting the NZ North Island, what a great part of the world with such wondefull people.

Now back on topic, this is a concern & the lack of response from Ceva is not acceptable.

Hey Ross i hope you left some feedback/review somewhere stating exactly what has happened