SAU Community

R32 GTR/GTS-t Window Switch Globe

jmknights93

R32 GTR/GTS-t Window Switch Globe

Back again with another OCD post. Over the Christmas break I had some free time to do some work on the GTR. (Finally) After fixing up all of the cluster surround globes which you can view my tutorial here in case you've missed it. I decided to pull out the drivers side window switch and replace the factory globe. Very minor detail, but if your fussy like myself this may come in handy. I've included some photos below of the simple process.

Photo 2-01-2017, 3 18 09 PM.jpg

Firstly you'll need to remove the drivers side window switch from the door trim. We will be replacing the light globe as shown in the photo below.

Photo 2-01-2017, 5 37 02 PM.jpg

Once you have the switch in your hand. Turn over and remove the 4 screws as shown below.

Photo 2-01-2017, 5 38 09 PM.jpg

You'll then need to un clip each plastic clip on the switch backing. This can be done carefully by using a small flat screw driver or a plastic trim removal tool.

Photo 2-01-2017, 5 38 13 PM.jpg 

Photo 2-01-2017, 5 38 18 PM.jpg

Once you've removed the plastic backing plate, the circuit board should look like the photo below.

Photo 2-01-2017, 5 37 20 PM.jpg

The window switch uses the same globe as the climate control unit. I recently purchased a LED upgrade kit for the climate control which came with a few extra globes. You'll just need to twist the globe out and replace. 

Photo 2-01-2017, 5 38 58 PM.jpg

Reverse order to put everything back together and the end result as shown below. Not the greatest photo as it was taken while it was still bright outside.

Photo 2-01-2017, 8 02 25 PM.jpg

I hope this helps fussy R32 owners like myself. I'm sure i'll have more threads in the future.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Robzilla32 said:

I didn't either and presumably from the pic so do the arrows on the mirror adjustment controller?

Unfortunately that's just the angle of the photo. I don't believe there's a back light for that switch. I might pull a spare switch apart to confirm.  

Edited by jmknights93