SAU Community

Advice on an r32 GTR

hey mate

i'm in S.A never been to dealer myself buy have only heard good things on them(dealer).happt to go have a look say monday,tuesday and get ya a couple of pics i.e major rust spots etcetc

josh

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrNismo said:

hey mate

i'm in S.A never been to dealer myself buy have only heard good things on them(dealer).happt to go have a look say monday,tuesday and get ya a couple of pics i.e major rust spots etcetc

josh

Josh that would be great ! Will send you a pm ?

The car looks great.

Nice and original with original Japanese books.

Original 3 keys, nice tidy engine bay, original wheels and suspension height.

Original rear speakers and no ADR side blinkers. 

I think the N1 kit is tacky, leave the front bar but remove the front and rear spoilers as they seem badly warped anyway.

I'd replace the front spoiler with an OEM non painted one, and source a factory battery box. Other than that, visually you appear to have a spot on car.

Just check to see if it has the dreaded dash bubble, $1000 now for a straight bubble free dash in used condition and about $500 or a days labour to fit and swap them around.

Good luck with it, you could buy a whole lot worse!

Cheers,

Bob.

• Like 2

Ah good job!!!
Yeah the fact it was a Vspec for a decent price is what drew me but to be honest it's my second 32 GTR (first reading much lower kms) and this one drives and feels very tight and fresh. All the signs of high km wear aren't there, especially while driving. Couldn't be happier as of yet. The guys at TP gave me paperwork showing that it was fitted with a dash in Japan reading higher mileage but its mileage before that swap was not documented

• Like 1

On 07/01/2017 at 7:25 PM, Aussie_Delivered_R32_GTR said:

No....... I'm in Sydney.

I document the ads and noticed it sold on December 23........

Slightly higher kms but V-Spec and V-Spec II are commanding a premium.

Are you happy with it?

Bob.

Speaking of high prices...  Genuine Nismo spec is bananas.

Wonder if it's legit as per ad.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Nissan-Skyline-1990/SSE-AD-4358919/?Cr=16

I'm pretty sure the car is legit but it certainly doesn't present in a condition that suggests the low kms.

The ad has been changed because previously he mentioned something about the speedometer being changed but the odometer mileage is genuine etc.

It has a 260kph NISMO speedo which is not standard. The 180kph's were fitted to these cars.

The blued out seats and dash bubble concern me.

That said, if it is genuine unquestionable mileage these issues can be sorted for a couple of thousand dollars.

If it were local I'd be interested but got burnt with airfare costs on the 16,000 kms car for sale about 16 months ago. I was told it was 100% factory original yet told the then seller that I have a paint thickness gauge and anything over about 100 microns will confirm it's been painted and I won't be interested. He swore black and blue it never had paint etc..... ALL panels except roof and bonnet were painted! 350-600 microns EVERYWHERE! Was a shit job!

Long story, don't get me started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:3_grin::3_grin::3_grin:

4 minutes ago, niZmO_Man said:

I thought the Nismo ones did get the 260 km/h speedo? Going off memory of pictures of a showroom Nismo model.

No....... All dealer or aftermarket options.

Hard to see but if you look closely the kph numbers stop in the normal position as the 180kph.

Bob.

Nismo Brochure Dash..jpg