SAU Community

Nissan skyline v36 G35

Nissan skyline v36 G35

Help please!  I am new to this, so desperately need some help. I have recently got a Nissan Skyline v36 350GT and it is having issues.  Driving around town it is fine, cruising on the freeway is fine, however, once you exit the freeway and come back down to "normal speed" she splutters a bit and then continually shuts off every time you stop at lights.  She starts up fine, but then dies as soon as you accelerate.  You have to really "floor it" and hope for the best to keep her going.  Any suggestions?  Initially it had a 550v battery which was replaced by a 650v battery, which fixed the "around town cut outs", but then today it did it after being on the freeway and coming down to speed.  It is booked in to go onto computers Monday week, but hoping someone here has had the same issue?????  I was told to increase the idle rev's via computer?????

Getting the codes looked at should show the issue (since these cars have lots of sensors the ECU looks at).

Although the battery thing is probably CCA (cold cranking amps) not Volts, they would be 12V batteries.
Do you get any lights turn on when it doesn't work properly?

Not one code comes up? No weird lights come up, however, it takes a little bit for her to bring on the brake/start light again after she has done it multiple times.  Once it does it once, it seems to do it until she cools down to nothing again?