SAU Community

Tuning HKS FCON V

Parag0n

ok im looking in the hks catalog now, the software is called power writer, its here 4 sale just like i mentioned before, theres software and looms packs for fcon v, fcon v pro and fcon sz. i dont know what the rest says cause i dont know how to read japaneese but theres some other bits and pieces 4 the fcons as well... anyway point is the software and looms can be obtained for any fcon series and tuned by whoever knows how to read the data.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wrote to HKS dealer in the states and they replied with the same old useless crap. HKS writer for F-Con is only available through a hks accredited and authorised dealer. I have also written to hks japan explaining our problem and am waiting for a reply. We need to find a tuner who is prepared to wotk with us to get the HKS writer for F-Con and find out how to become authorised. It seems a waste to rip our F-Con's because we can't get them tuned, what a waste!. Maybe HKS will reply to my mail with some usefull advice.

Fact is never compare something like an FCON V to a MoTeC, its a piggy back unit for gods sake. WHile effective i'd say my Wolf3d V4 is just as good if not a better product(being a ex-perthian we also have a billion tuners for them at time). I do not see the need to persist with a computer that no-one supports when there are heaps of others available like microtech, Wolf, Haltech, MoTeC, Autronic which are supported extensively in australia.

My 2c

As for speedworks getting someone to comeover and do tuning.I'm pretty sure they werent using FCON V's in the cars they were using Motecs, was a big $ car and to skimp on the ecu would of been a tad silly. Mite have to hassel Denver at some stage and ask.

Overall was some fun times when they went on fwy for testing :P

Fact is never compare something like an FCON V to a MoTeC, its a piggy  back unit for gods sake. WHile effective i'd say my Wolf3d V4 is just as good if not a better product(being a ex-perthian we also have a billion tuners for them at time). I do not see the need to persist with a computer that no-one supports when there are heaps of others available like microtech, Wolf, Haltech, MoTeC, Autronic which are supported extensively in australia.

My 2c

you have no idea. sorry to be harsh. Wolf 3D better than the FconV Pro, i think not, I just pissed my pants laughing at that statement. I'm loving all the advice on these forums from people who obviously don't have personal experience with whatever it is they are offering 'advice' on. If you cant be sure, and able to back up your statements, don't say anything at all, coz what you've just said is wrong.

-rb25

how i have no idea? what does an fconV do that a WOlf3d V4 cant do? oh thats right.. be tuned. I can take my wolf to alot of places and get it tuned. So please, enlighten me oh wise 1. MAP? Antilag? rotational idle? full replacement plugin unit? I await to see the advantages.

My advantage I guess, i hailed from Perth, Home of the best Wolf tuner in Aus so I had an upper hand. But I know sure as that I wouldnt trade my Wolf3d V4 for much else. certainly not a unit like an fcon v.

Also i know ECU's are always an interesting issue as everyone has their own views as is evident with rb25 and myself. Go with what you think is best and end of day, find a decent tuner.

:werd: i think its all about your application, and most of all, how good your tuner is, not your ecu to a certain extent of course. The FconV Pro, PowerFC and Wolf all offer more than enough features for a moderately tuned street car.

My opinion is that the FconV Pro is very suited to high HP circuit and drag cars that dont need the standard ecu to run air con coz it isnt there. The ecu also has special launch features, ignition retard/advance depending on any chosen engine condition that may vary from the many additional sensors you can hook up to it, the hks camp vdu interface and harness shits all over your datalogit and fc hand controller for realtime monitoring and logging, very funky stuff and lots of other things that arent even applicable to everyday street cars. I'm not being a smartarse here, but can the wolf control additional fans, water sprays, and upto 16 (?) additional outputs (i.e. solenoids/thermostats etc.) base on any chosen monitored engine condition? these features are very similar to a motec arent they?

-rb25

Fact is never compare something like an FCON V to a MoTeC, its a piggy  back unit for gods sake. WHile effective i'd say my Wolf3d V4 is just as good if not a better product(being a ex-perthian we also have a billion tuners for them at time). I do not see the need to persist with a computer that no-one supports when there are heaps of others available like microtech, Wolf, Haltech, MoTeC, Autronic which are supported extensively in australia.

My 2c

:bs!: For one my ECU is not a piggy back, so its very clear you have no idea what your on about.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Arr This Sucks hard...

i have just bought my self a r32 Gtr Fresh from jap

And i have found it not only has full track setup

but it also has aftermarket turbos and hks fcon v pro GOLD

and from reading all the post about it.. iam better of shelfing

the fooker and getting my self a power fc

cause of the lack of tuners around.. since iam in brisbane...

Arr This Sucks hard...

i have just bought my self a r32 Gtr Fresh from jap

And i have found it not only has full track setup

but it also has aftermarket turbos and hks fcon v pro GOLD

and from reading all the post about it.. iam better of shelfing

the fooker and getting my self a power fc

cause of the lack of tuners around.. since iam in brisbane...

nope i would actually stick with this ecu if its in good nick. there is now three hks dealers in Qld that are authorised to tune these.. GT Auto garage on the northside, Gavin Wood Autotech down the coast and of course Advanced Performance Centre who i'd highly recommend. no other workshops have access or the training for this software despite mercury telling my friend that they can tune her supra with an f con and all they did was run it up on the dyno lol

just thought i'd update it for MrBiC

Yeah, thats good...

I thought as he has only ever made 1 post he may not be comfortable with the forums as yet...

As such he may not have realised the thread was 4 years old :blush: and he might have taken the thread as gospel...

What I mean to say is: MrBiC you should make some calls and check it out again as this thread is well past its expire date in terms of valid info...