• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arr This Sucks hard...

i have just bought my self a r32 Gtr Fresh from jap

And i have found it not only has full track setup

but it also has aftermarket turbos and hks fcon v pro GOLD

and from reading all the post about it.. iam better of shelfing

the fooker and getting my self a power fc

cause of the lack of tuners around.. since iam in brisbane...

champ

keep the Fcon you got. they are great ecu.

just find the tuner can tune it.

i get my pro v tuned at GT auto garage in newmarket........very happy with dave s tuning :(:(

just saw this post.

i am sure GT auto do well with HKS

http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....howtopic=379927

http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....howtopic=379928

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi guys...just adding to the thread and i know its been written about before but...im chasing an ecu for a Auto R33 (as i dont really want to go to the trouble of $$$manual conversion, power fc, clutches etc, etc. Greddy Emanage ultimate or HKS FCON V Pro?????....(or perhaps even another system?? I have a few modifications, Hypergear Hi Flow, FMIC, 3" Exhaust, Spitfire coilpacks, Boost T and other little goodies...and am looking at 040 fuel pump, S15 manual injectors and Z32 AFM soon. So would just like any information on which of these two is better for an Auto or perhaps another manufacturers product that wont have me robbing a bank....

cheers

Nice thanks for the info...is the emanage ultimate a bad ecu?...I have only heard good things about the FCON VPRO and am currently looking into getting one brand new either from here or the states, or perhaps and adaptronic, but was wondering what the greddy ecu's are like...anyone out there running one or has run one some feedback would be much appreciated cause on paper they appear to be an good ecu choice for an auto, but reading the forums people don't seem to go much on them lol...

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

When I had my 32GTR, it had a HKS fcon v computer (gold looking thing) and the tune was okay, but a little lean, and advanced on full boost.

It worked quite well, save for a few little glitches from bad connections on the harness.

Had it tuned at BD4's in Sydney by Tom. He had a lot of experience with these computers.

Bought a navigator for it but it wasn't compatible to my older computer.

They are pretty much a stand alone ecu and have 32x32 mapping.

Being a MAP sensor based ecu, there are more maps to tune and get right, compared to MAF setups.

Also with multiple throttle bodies like the GTR, they are harder to tune again, but if done right are great!

Ended up going to a PFC with 80mm AFM's.

• 2 months later...
When I had my 32GTR, it had a HKS fcon v computer (gold looking thing) and the tune was okay, but a little lean, and advanced on full boost.

It worked quite well, save for a few little glitches from bad connections on the harness.

Had it tuned at BD4's in Sydney by Tom. He had a lot of experience with these computers.

Bought a navigator for it but it wasn't compatible to my older computer.

They are pretty much a stand alone ecu and have 32x32 mapping.

Being a MAP sensor based ecu, there are more maps to tune and get right, compared to MAF setups.

Also with multiple throttle bodies like the GTR, they are harder to tune again, but if done right are great!

Ended up going to a PFC with 80mm AFM's.

How does it compare price wise, with say the Vi-Pec or Djetro ?

GT Auto Garage are the people to see reguarding the Fcon tuning. Dave is outstanding with his tuning capability and knowledge on this ecu. Highly recommended....

I have 1000cc injectors, and an Fcon V Pro on my RB and it starts without fail. No waiting for it to cool after a long run or hard driving, cold starts are fantastic.

GT Auto Garage are the people to see reguarding the Fcon tuning. Dave is outstanding with his tuning capability and knowledge on this ecu. Highly recommended....

I have 1000cc injectors, and an Fcon V Pro on my RB and it starts without fail. No waiting for it to cool after a long run or hard driving, cold starts are fantastic.

Awesome, It looks as though is similar money to Vipec and it was going to GT auto anyway so :)

• 6 years later...