• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

PranK

Nissan Nismo GT-R

1 post in this topic

Nissan Nismo GT-R

310816_NISSAN_GT-R_DKIMG_2144.jpg

Is the standard Nissan GT-R too civilized for you? Maybe you feel like it’s lacking power or excitement. Fear not, the Nismo edition is here to solve all your worries. It offers more power, better handling, and greater overall performance, but that comes at a rather hefty premium. The GT-R is no longer the budget hypercar beating sportscar it once was. It’s now a full on supercar, with the price of the Nismo version exceeding that of Porsche’s Turbo S and even the 911 GT3 RS. Is it worth it?

Nissan-Nismo-GT-R.jpg

Well, it depends on what you want from a car. Nismo is short for Nissan Motorsports, the company’s caring division. They’re in charge of the hottest and most exciting models Nissan makes, and they eventually even deliver their own specially-tuned model like the R35 GT-R Nismo. It’s a hardcore, enthusiast car, so in that regard, it’s not a Porsche Turbo S rival. Then again, it has so much raw potential and outright speed that you can’t compare it to the GT3 RS, which is more of a driver’s car offering enjoyment. So what is the Nismo then?

Well, for starters, it’s a lot more powerful than the standard GT-R. The 3.8 liter twin-turbo V6 located at the front has been tweaked to a rather large extent. The entire turbochargers have been swapped out for larger ones, offering higher air flow (they’re actually lifted from the GT3 car). The result is nothing short of astonishing, because the relatively light and compact unit is capable of delivering 600 horsepower and 481 pound-feet of torque. European models get 8 less horsepower, but it’s not really noticeable unless you’re a racing driver.

The engine is still mated to a six-speed dual-clutch gearbox, but Nissan say it’s better than ever. The shifts are faster still, and it works great in conjunction with the new turbochargers. Elsewhere, there’s new shock absorbers, springs, stabilizers and a unique Bilstein DampTronic system which transfers power to the wheels more efficiently and is completely driver adjustable.

nissan-gt-r-nismo-rear-1.jpg

A lot of emphasis has been put on aerodynamics. The Nismo version looks identical to the new 2017 GT-R, styling wise. It’s got the same tweaked front grille and the updated rear end, but a host of other changes as well. For instance, the aggressive bumper gets several layers of carbon-fiber sheets to improve the stiffness, the canards have been redesigned to improve overall airflow and the rear wing has been optimized to provide more downforce. The new Nismo GT-R manages to produce more downforce than any other Nissan ever built, apart from the racing cars of course.

nissan-gt-r-nismo-dashboard-1.jpg

We have to get back to the elephant in the room, and that’s the price of the Nismo. It’s some $38,000 over the 2017 premium GT-R, raising the figure to a whopping $227,000. In other words, you can have a premium GT-R and a Golf GTI for the price of one Nismo. Would you, however?

No, we wouldn’t either.

6 people like this

• Similar Content

• By StefanjR33
      HKS EDA&ETC + NISMO Old Logo stuff

BNR32 HKS EDA and ETC $950 USD
      Black Horn Button $190 USD
      Green/Silver Button $130 USD
      BNR32 Nismo 320km/h R32 $450 USD (late model)
      BNR32 Nismo 260km/h R32 $300 USD (late model)
      Shipping is around 20/30 USD and paypal 4%, Any questions are welcome and I will answer then gladly. I'm located in Amsterdam for reference, but shipping isn't a problem.

• By Cuttarz
      R35JET Plates for sale
      G'day guys, after owning these plates for 8 years I thought it was finally time to see them out on the road. The plates speak for themselves. I have a figure in my head as to what I'm wanting but keen to see what people will offer. Fire away, thanks.

• By phatmonk
      FS - 1995 R33 GTR Vspec
      Hi,
      Up for sale is a 1995 R33 GTR VSpec with 122xxx KMs.
      It is a little rough around the edges.  And, full disclosure - It has some history.  I'm keeping it out of the post but will happily reply to PMs.
      Recently registered and expires 25/10/2017.  All fluids changed just before re-registering.  It's due for an oil change - six months is nearly up.  Started weekly, maybe driven every second or third week for 100 - 200 KMs.  Red Line Lightweight Shockproof in the gearbox, all other oils/fluids per specification.
      It had a misfire.  This is now long gone - see my posts about this.  Fixing this, the ignitor pack and plugs have been replaced/changed.  Issue was with the coil packs.  Another set was bought, cleaned up and dielectric grease sealing them. It has a leaking injector.  Second hand set purchased along with a rebuild kit.  Injectors replaced with new o-rings etc - no more leaking injector. Bridgestone Potenza RE003s fitted mid December 2016. Mongoose M80S alarm installed.  No bells and whistles, just arm/disarm with an impact sensor. All round wheel alignment done October 2016. New battery New radiator and top hose (bottom hose was A-OK) This car was my daily for a long time, then became a weekend car.  Oil changed every 5000 KMs, or six months with maintenance and problems done by myself or a mechanic.  I had plans for the car and like many others lost interest and just enjoy driving it as is.  Mechanically it is in great condition and drives well.
      It is a little rough around the edges.  Scratches, dints and gutter rash sum it all.  It isn't a show car.  Odometer recently stopped working (it occasionally ticks over) with high 121xxx KMs when it stopped, it is now 122xxx.  Haven't gotten around to fixing it.  I started to collect parts to swap them out, but only collected and swapped nothing - this be your job.
      No major modifications.  Exhaust and dyno at 245KW - old school Racepace days.
      Buy the car and get:
      Spare injectors Spare ignitor pack PowerFC with hand controller Nismo AFMs A collection of front/rear floor mats Spare coil packs Parts of a Series 1 steering wheel - the car is fitted with a Series 3 wheel What I think is a complete boot set of carpets Left and right hand door cards Replacement passenger side tail light.  A drivers' side (or two?) tail light. Whatever else I find that belongs to it Conditions vary of the listed parts.  All included with the sale, will not separate.
      I'll say it comes with a RWC.  I expect no issues and will start the ball rolling only with a serious buyer.  Price $32,000 ono located in Altona.  I'll happily drive you during an inspection and there will be no test pilots.
      VIN - 6U900BCNR33001030.
      And no, I didn't wash (vacuum or dust) the car before taking pictures - WYSIWYG.  It was raining all day today and I ran the gauntlet.
      PM me if interested.

• By ZENNON
      Hi all,
      Long time no see!
      Got a set of R32 GTR wheels with some A048s to get rid of.
      They have center caps and valve caps, but they are by no means showroom quality
      (perfect for motorkhanas which is what I use to use them for)
      No idea how much these are worth these days.. suggestions? Offers?
      Ps. just read the rules - this isn't an EOI, but I really don't know what they go for these days..
      So for the sake of not breaking the rules - ballpark: $500??
      Cheers,
      Zennon

• By RyanSD180SX
      Nismo 740CC Side Feed Injectors
      I have a set of 6 Nismo 740CC Side Feed Injectors. I swapped them out to go bigger.
      Only ever ran Premium 98 through them, I'm after $650 plus postage.

Regards,