SAU Community

rb25det plazmaman V std intake Results

rb25det plazmaman V std intake Results

Since this has been a very common question over the years of people actually wanting a proper back to back comparison of plenums on rb25 I thought I would post my results as I have done a back to back with no other changes.

Car Setup:

std rb25det

tomei 256 cams

hypergear ss2 turbo

e85

4inch straight pipe exhaust

PFC

z32afm

takashi 600x300x100 cooler

xpsurt 1000 injectors

Plazmaman Plenum

22PSI

20170112_092127.jpg

As you can see from the results there is very little change with a few kw up top gained but generally the curve has remained fairly similar with a few spots slightly better and some slightly down. Boost response also remained the same. (Orange curve is plazma and red is std intake)

Edited by boostn0199
  • Like 5

Just now, boostn0199 said:

Yeah I only did it to make fixing issues at track easier if they come up I was happy aslong as results remained same.

Yeah that's a good point - pulling the stupid J pipe off every time you want to get to the coils or plugs also slows the process down. 

Yeah that's a good point - pulling the stupid J pipe off every time you want to get to the coils or plugs also slows the process down. 

Why do you need to pull the j pipe off? I can remove and replace coils and plugs with it in place. I use a 1/2 inch uni swivel attachment to get no.4 spark plug out.

The standard intake plenum has been known to flow quite a bit of power,  and nissan would have spent alot of $$$ making them.

The biggest hurdle you have when going to a FFP is even distribution between all the cyl's by intake design.

If the plazmaman plenum flows even a little better horse power then a stock one then it is a win win situation because it has been tested to have even air distribution to all cyl's.

Alot of plenums people make / buy go backwards.

+1 for Plazmaman

Video of a standard unopened rb25 that I tuned a few years ago with standard intake plenum and also standard exhaust manifold,  external gate was welded onto the manifold or the rear housing i cannot remember now.

• Like 2

Nice one,

Im curious what sort of intercooler piping you had before hand, and if you noticed any difference in on road response/transient response from shorter cooler piping.

I have thought about going FFP as mine is a return flow style piping, so would get rid of about 2m of unnecessary piping, and as you mentioned alot easier to work on the spark plugs at the track which i have done a few times... 

1 hour ago, blah_blah said:

Nice one,

Im curious what sort of intercooler piping you had before hand, and if you noticed any difference in on road response/transient response from shorter cooler piping.

I have thought about going FFP as mine is a return flow style piping, so would get rid of about 2m of unnecessary piping, and as you mentioned alot easier to work on the spark plugs at the track which i have done a few times... 

My old pipe work was already much shorter than std setup as I have cooler flipped upside down and piping through headlight. Hot side stayed the same 2.5inch pipe and cold side now is 3 inch and is about half the length of my old short cut piece which was 2.5inch.

Got my first track day end of the month so will see how the response is on the track also forgot to add that it is still using std throttle body.

here are pics of old v new cooler pipe.

15697393_10207522366886818_1890983315476

new_cooler_pipe.jpg

Edited by boostn0199

1 hour ago, GTSBoy said:

You may think it will get rid of 2m of pipe, but it will be much less than that.  My bet is that only the engine whisperers would ever notice any difference in response.  The volume of the pipework we're talking about it f**k all.

Fair enough, mines a FMIC cooler but with return piping that goes back under the car and then through the side via the stock location. I darno racepace said to clean up cooler piping for more powah.

5 minutes ago, boostn0199 said:

My old pipe work was already much shorter than std setup as I have cooler flipped upside down and piping through headlight. Hot side stayed the same 2.5inch pipe and cold side now is 3 inch and is about half the length of my old short cut piece which was 2.5inch.

Got my first track day end of the month so will see how the response is on the track also forgot to add that it is still using std throttle body.

here are pics of old v new cooler pipe.

15697393_10207522366886818_1890983315476

new_cooler_pipe.jpg

Ahh nice yeah looked like your previous setup was already sorted!