SAU Community

Rear and Front Windscreen Seals

Hi,

I was just confused about the windscreen seals on my r32 gtr. As seen in the photos (especially the third) the front windscreen seal is not tight. I think its missing a hard plastic layer or something but i'm not sure based off how Nissan has explained it with original part numbers and diagrams. 

If anyone has any info regarding parts and part numbers. Also whether I need to buy OEM parts or a generic seal and where I can purchase these from that would be much appreciated :) 

(For reference pictures 1 and 3 are the front windscreen and 2 and 4 are the rear)

Regards,
Peter

15991361_10211822684780588_334155474_o.jpg

15992286_10211822686220624_1456129435_o.jpg

16009834_10211822684900591_1784574987_o.jpg

16106517_10211822686140622_935177181_o.jpg

Callan is correct ^

Search RHDjapan for original part numbers. There is even recent threads on here with all the info you need.

Generic works but you loose the original look/authenticity.

Any car window fitter will have aftermarket generic windscreen rubbers (like O'briens).

Yep...... Unfortunately these parts are getting very expensive:

This is what you need, one of each. Then you need to pay to get an installer to fit them. Don't expect much change out of $2K for the lot fitted.

I searched high and low from various suppliers to get a complete set 6 months ago and it owes me over $1300.00 plus fitting.

Cheers,

Bob.

• Front Windscreen Mould Set
72750-04U60  
  • Front Windscreen Fastener Set
72725-04U19  
  • Rear Windscreen Mould Set
79750-04U10  
  • Rear Windscreen Fastener Set
79780-04U15  

Just checked Amayama website, they want $551 for front mould set and $897 for rear mould set plus postage but both front and rear fastener sets are discontinued.

This is a classic example of how important it is to get parts when you can because R32 parts are getting very hard to source.

Bob.

I'm still kinda unsure how the windscreen seals work in comparison to getting just your typical fitting rubbers from O'Briens for example. It seemed like on the car as if the windscreen rubber that is current on was fitted within the gap and as it heated and overtime etc it expanded and what not and became unstuck. Does the OEM have a harder plastic seal over the top or something?

I also saw something like this
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SELLING-ALL-MY-R32-GTR-STUFF-THIS-AUCTION-FRONT-WINDSCREEN-SURROUNDS-BNR32-GTR-/272485217962

Weighing up the options on whether to go OEM or just use the spare cash for other things that need attention like original seats etc

Thanks for the info btw Bob, ill send you a message to get in touch in the next few weeks when I get a free weekend off work etc

That link - They're useless unless you have the fastener set which you don't. Those are metal and clip over the top.

The fasteners are put in when the windscreen (f/r) is out at time of manufacture. Then the window is placed in and the mould set applied.

The typical fitting rubber seals don't come out when done properly. I except yours was just bodgy job in the first place. People get what they for.

8 minutes ago, Sinista32 said:

That link - They're useless unless you have the fastener set which you don't. Those are metal and clip over the top.

The fasteners are put in when the windscreen (f/r) is out at time of manufacture. Then the window is placed in and the mould set applied.

The typical fitting rubber seals don't come out when done properly. I except yours was just bodgy job in the first place. People get what they for.

100% correct........... There is "any old way" or the correct way!

Gonna have a chat to some wreckers and people with parts and see if I can source them. Lets see what happens tbh. Idd much rather OEM. That being said if anyone here knows people selling the kits etc, shoot me a message :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Peter.

I recently went through this exercise and was able to source all OEM parts from Andrew at Kudos Motorsports - http://www.kudosmotorsports.com/catalog/index.php.  I recommend getting in touch with him as he has a fantastic selection of parts and most are usually available immediately.  He and his team are also brilliant to deal with, offering great service.

Cheers,

Mark

• 4 years later...
On 1/12/2017 at 6:48 AM, 21PC said:

Hi,

I was just confused about the windscreen seals on my r32 gtr. As seen in the photos (especially the third) the front windscreen seal is not tight. I think its missing a hard plastic layer or something but i'm not sure based off how Nissan has explained it with original part numbers and diagrams. 

If anyone has any info regarding parts and part numbers. Also whether I need to buy OEM parts or a generic seal and where I can purchase these from that would be much appreciated :) 

(For reference pictures 1 and 3 are the front windscreen and 2 and 4 are the rear)

Regards,
Peter

15991361_10211822684780588_334155474_o.jpg

15992286_10211822686220624_1456129435_o.jpg

16009834_10211822684900591_1784574987_o.jpg

16106517_10211822686140622_935177181_o.jpg

Any idea on what rubber types/styles these are? trying to get myself a set please, thanks.

• 2 years later...

searching for a windscreen fitter familiar with r32 moulding fastener install, finding it difficult to maintain alignment to body in corner sections, leaving a gap on install. canberra 

Hi Denis, per earlier in this thread (and there is similar info elsewhere), it is unlikely you can get factory seals and clips and will have to go generic replacement.  Even if you can get hold of all of the factory moulds the clips that hold them in are not available and yours are almost certainly broken by now.

So, all you need is a competent installer who can fit generic seals. The last 2 times I had the seals done, they were not done correctly and came loose (1st time) and are fitted fully but don't sit very well (2nd time).

Sorry there doesn't seem to be a better solution out there. Of course, if your retaining clips are not amazingly broken, you can try and refit the factory trims.

On 17/01/2024 at 7:59 AM, Denis said:

searching for a windscreen fitter familiar with r32 moulding fastener install, finding it difficult to maintain alignment to body in corner sections, leaving a gap on install. canberra 

Hi @Denis,
I recommend that you contact Michael at Metro Auto Glass who is very experienced with BNR32 installations and who has installed OEM fronts and rears for me personally.  He is Sydney based but may be able to assist you.

• Like 1