SAU Community

Another roadworthy question....

vxsr33

Need a roadworthy for a car with a hole cut out for intercooler. Car in question is r33 gtst. Car is very clean, not too low and doesnt look like copbait.

If you know any places in melbourne (preferably western suburbs) that are more "lenient" with roadys, could you please pm me.

The car will be sitting in the garage and not driven for about 3 or 4 months after the roadworthy.

Thanks

sam

You be lucky to find someone who wil rwc it with a hole cut.
If u are lucky and take it to a place who doesnt do import cars u might fluke a pass..

Best put stock cooler on and cover up that hole like it was never there.

Went to 2 places yesterday. One downright refused as soon as he saw the cooler. The other had a look at the car and said it looked fine but he said windscreen might need replacing.

Went to another place today and they passed it straight away.
$150 was paid.

If you read the roadworthiness requirements its pretty funny at times where shops will pick on things that are entirely not within the documentation at all, and like you've seen there's a wild amount of variance going around. I plan on printing the damn thing next time I need a RWC :O

Yeah thats true, seems to be inconsistent across different workshops. Im assuming dealerships and reputable workshops would be more strict and would closely follow the documentation.

The place we got the roady from told us the engine bay looked too modified to be legal but told us they would pass it anyways. Since we explained the car was going to be garaged and not driven for a few months i think they were a bit more lenient.