SAU Community

Tyre exploded (Nitto Invo)

eXiilez

Tyre exploded (Nitto Invo)

So I'm not the most experienced guy with this shit but I'd like someone to give some advice and help clear some things up for me.

Less than 12 months ago I purchased a set of 4 Nitto Invo tyres. Up until now they were great. So today I was driving up the pacific motorway until a motorcycle passed indicating for me to pull over. As soon as I got out I could smell one of the tyres. Rear left had popped on the inner edge of the tyre. There is slightly more ware in that area because there's obviously a slight camber on the rear wheels. 

So since I have had these wheels I have not misused them at all. Not even one burnout or anything. Ended up getting towed to a safer place to put my spare on which unfortunately is a cheese wheel... 

Drove all the way to the tyre place where I got them last year and basically to be told it's my fault because something called "scalloping" which wouldn't come under warranty. Which kind of pissed me off because that's less than a year on a tyre that costs $200. Prior to these I had michillen tyres on the same suspension and everything and they lasted me for more than two years. 

Like I said, I'm not the most experienced person with this but surely I would've thought the wheel should've had a longer life span out of it otherwise I wouldn't have paid that much for a tyre.

If anyone is able to clear this up and give me a little insight I'd appreciate it.

How is your rear steer ? Any worn hicas components ? rear tie rod end ? wheel alignment been checked ? I am running these tyres at the moment....They are a little noisy at hghway speed. but so far so good

Very hard to argue a manufacturing flaw with tyres. I had inner sidewall cracking on two fully paid sets of Goodyear Eagle F1 A2's and even so it was like drawing blood from a stone to get the second set replaced with another brand, took months and months. Not really worth it.

What I would do though is thoroughly inspect all tyres for unusual wear or marks, and also check the rear suspension for signs of scrubbing or scuffing. Last thing you want is to replace the tyre(s) and have another issue.

Do you have good alignment and all the wheels fully balanced? Do you check pressures regularly? Do you rotate your tyres? These will all help get more life out of your tyres.

10 minutes ago, GTR-32U said:

How is your rear steer ? Any worn hicas components ? rear tie rod end ? wheel alignment been checked ? I am running these tyres at the moment....They are a little noisy at hghway speed. but so far so good

Everything's In good nick, I've just recently done a 200k service and gone over so many parts to get replaced. Runs perfect still

11 minutes ago, V28VX37 said:

Do you have good alignment and all the wheels fully balanced? Do you check pressures regularly? Do you rotate your tyres? These will all help get more life out of your tyres.

Alignment is good and has recent been done tyre pressure i normally check every few weeks. Normally it's only out by 1psi or something small.