SAU Community

What are these relays? R32 GTR

TXSquirrel

Those relays control all the ACC and IGN circuits that run through the fuse box, they are triggered by the key turning.

Is there some problem you are trying to track down?

BTW everything there looks super neat, clean and unmolested....nice buy!

8 hours ago, Duncan said:

Those relays control all the ACC and IGN circuits that run through the fuse box, they are triggered by the key turning.

Is there some problem you are trying to track down?

BTW everything there looks super neat, clean and unmolested....nice buy!

Thanks!  I got lucky, my car was an unmolested one owner car in Japan for 24 years, which is rare by R32 standards.

I am just trying to find the turn indicator relay.  Bought some Sylvania Zevo LEDs, but I don't want to splice in resistors.  

19 hours ago, Duncan said:

The turn flasher is on the left of the steering column near the clutch, its a black box with an orange (from memory) mount. 

If it's no longer right hand drive, it could be anywhere! But it's not part of the fuse box on a 32

Thank you for the info!  My car is still all factory so I am positive the relay is at its original location.

Turn indicators on and feel for the one clicking on and off. Thats how i found mine

All my lights (except headlights) are LED. Just bought a non load dependant flasher and wired it in for the indicators. Works a treat

Found a 9 year old post on GTR UK forum - the indicator relay is a black box with a white label on it under the steering column.  A picture was provided, but it no longer loads with the post being so old.

13 hours ago, 89CAL said:

Turn indicators on and feel for the one clicking on and off. Thats how i found mine

All my lights (except headlights) are LED. Just bought a non load dependant flasher and wired it in for the indicators. Works a treat

Which specific relays did you get?  I see some fairly cheap LED relays on eBay shaped like factory relay, so supposedly they are plug and play, no wiring needed.