SAU Community

Back to Beast mode

rev210

Back to Beast mode

It's been a good year since I posted in the old thread and it's a reflection of my lack of dedication to training. So new thread for a new beginning.

The aim is to achieve a couple of key things this year.

1) maintain a regular commitment to exercise. At least 3 times a week. So I have a healthy habit in place for life and reverses the priority from work to my own health. Been a dead loss the last year.

2) drop body fat a tad, so i can at least see all my abbs and get back to at least 34 inch waist again again..good for my health and wardrobe.

3) get back to some strength benchmarks for a variety of lifts. Functional strength has always been important to me and I enjoy reaching goals related.

I am prioritising getting to the gym and strength initially , while having a little more fat helps. Then about March I will start pegging the diet back more . Not that its out of control at the moment.

with a couple of months of workouts under the belt this week the highlight for me was getting a good set of seated dumbell shoulder press out. 45kg dumbbells for 9 rep sets . In two weeks I hope to be getting the 50's going.

The shoulder health is great so far too. I have been adding partials (lower range) of hammer strength shoulder press and incline bench along with Cuban press ,YTWL band work and face pulls in weeks prior to starting on full range work with the dumbells. Will integrate some bench press later on.

I have worked up to now drop setting from 5 reps on 200kg for both the hammer strength shoulder press and incline bench. I think it's the maximum plates either will take. Really helps with getting the shoulder press up and out of the blocks.