SAU Community

Best security.

pol1on1

Hi guy's just wanted to to find out what types of protection systems people are using to protect their pride.

I can think of :

House alarm

House camera's

Car alarm

Wheel clamp

Steering lock

Gps tracker.

So ATM i have Hikvision cameras 4mp got the entire home covered i upgraded one of the camera for up to 70mtrs of night vision down the long driveway got the professional installation of it.

Can view live from anywhere in the world.

Basically if the airport using them its good enough for me. Image is so good i rekon ill see a mouse run from about 35mtrs away.

Home_34_20170112095908919.thumb.jpeg.02d

As for house alarm sensors are in garage too im using bosch.

Now i do i have a car alarm i think its autowatch. Have not played with it much seems to be ok

I thinking of using a steering wheel lock old school should I ... .?

Is anyone using a gps tracker and remote kill switch ?

ive heard of them but very spectacle of it.

Now if it not a daily wheel clamp it ?

Or too much damage for a sexy LMGT1

• Like 1

Damn that's a good quality camera.

Got generic cameras around the house. I disconnect the battery and take the steering wheel off (quick release).
You can also disconnect/remove an AFM/the ECU/kill switch, but if someone wants your car, they'll pull it up onto a flat bed.

Don't clamp the LMGT1s please :P

• Like 1

Oh ok remove the steering wheel awesome idea.
I have a Daikei steering wheel boss is that a quick release.?

Thank you yes they are great camera's its actually a bit more then 1080hd

With the kill switch i was thinking like calling the car and it just dies on them then i get gps location and boooom got em.

• Like 1

Found this car tracker aussie guy that imports n sells em
Just wanted to know if anyone using it coz apparently he sell them to big companies and most rental car company.

It even features a kill option so positive wire on relay connect to fuel pump or whatever triggered by sms

Only thing i want to find out is how good is the reception ? Using telstra.
And did anyone test the kill switch ?
Product looks promising.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/262745785716

1485508299667.thumb.jpg.3cc31cb960dcf3e6

Sounds good for the price

The concern I can see just quickly looking at it is that there is no integrated GPS, so Im gatherithing its using multiple mobile phone base stations (normally 2, lucky 3) that triangulate on sim signal to indicate estimated location. This fails in accuracy for a number of reasons when something valuable is at stake, but I guess u can add a gps in the port but then price/value changes

Edited by Watermouse
  • Like 1

Found another idea that is super simple and makes it just that little bit harder.

If your car is lucky as mine with its own personal garage.
Switching the power off is great in my mind.
Got the idea coz when i was a kid i used too ride on my bike changing my remote codes and use to open peoples doors haha hope it won't bite me in de ass now !!
1485914449598.thumb.jpeg.65c1d850b46b44e

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What about these little guys

;

Trackrs $20

And Chinese copies too for $3.20

No need for a server, simple GPS tracking on your phone app !

I'm stick them in both my cars, luggage when travelling etc

s-l225.jpg

s-l2225.jpg

my bad, only have blue tooth range

Oh I've seen them pop up on Facebook a few times i looked into them and found that one brand sync with a wifi network and makes a wifi networking range with other key finders so it has a bigger range downside to this is that 1 has to the wifi connected or Bluetooth 2 needs other finder to make a network for longer range 3 makes drop point location not gps location on demand [emoji20]

I recently installed the tracker thats listed above that i got from ebay aussie guy and even call him to get more information before i paid 4 it.

I must say that I'm very happy with the product once i activated my simcard installed the tracker nice and deep ( what a pain is the r33 dash !!! anyway ) connected the 12V+ Ground- and Accessories and log on to my account online very easy must say very accurate too the dam thing know what side my car is sitting in the garage. [emoji12]

Also came with a relay for a fuel cut out by sms will update on how it work well once i get around to it.