SAU Community

R32 GTR prices - WHAT?!

R32 GTR prices - WHAT?!

I have been a GTR owner for some time now.

Recently I have had several people ask me if I was interested in selling, unfortunately for them I haven't and won't be. My intentions when I purchased the vehicle were to keep it for a very long time.

This recently prompted me to check Carsales and I was shocked to see some prices on R32 GTR's. Incredible - nothing under 40k? WHAT?

Who ever said cars were a liability.

My question - what happened, how did we get to this point?

i bought mine at a reasonable price, but i was just lucky that i bought it when i did (start of 2015) . by the end of 2015 the mean prices had doubled. sooo lucky.

there would be allot of guys who let theirs go for under 20k who would be hating life now. allot.... i watched them all sell in the year i spent looking.

there were plenty of "not that amazing" examples being sold for between 12-15k which given the opportunity again with the hindsight, i would probably have bought half of them.

Edited by GH05T

1 hour ago, Cowboy1600 said:

What cars are advertised for and what they sell for are generally two very different things.

I can't imagine there would be a huge price discrepancy there.

Car yards put there prices up due to everytime they get an internet inquiry through carsales they are charged $60 as its treated as a leed whether they sell it or not, have seen it happen to alot of cars i have been looking at over the years, not just gtr's.

As for prices well, for those that think there sitting on a gold mine why dont you list it at what you think its worth & see how long it takes you to sell it for your asking price.

I bet you will have it for a very long time!
Top dollar prices are for the very rare unmolested in tip top shape only vehicles>
Just my thoughts.

• Like 4

Overseas buyers may be paying the prices but how many people in Australia are paying them? Just coz it's worth x in Japan to someone in another country does not mean it should b worth that much here. How many aus sellers are actually willing to ship their cars overseas to buyers who are paying the cash?

12 hours ago, UWISSH! said:

Overseas buyers may be paying the prices but how many people in Australia are paying them? Just coz it's worth x in Japan to someone in another country does not mean it should b worth that much here. How many aus sellers are actually willing to ship their cars overseas to buyers who are paying the cash?

They're changing hands in Australia for higher prices as well