SAU Community

JaysCefy

JaysCefy

JaysCefy

Hello all.  I'm a US military member stationed in Japan and have just bought a 92 Cefy.  I haven't actually taken possession of it yet, but it's on it's way (shipping to Okinawa from mainland).  The car is RB20DET, factory 5 speed so wherever I go next it can come with me. Even to the US with it's absolutely ridiculous import laws.  While in Japan my plan is mostly minor stuff, but once she gets back to the States with me (whenever that may be) I plan to put my RB25DET and trans in.  Looking forward to learning a lot here and will be relying on you guys since the US never got the Cefy.

• Like 2

No pictures yet because I didn't think to save any from the dealer where I bought it.  At least on Okinawa and among US folks, Cefy's are pretty rare. I've only seen one in person. Countless Skylines of all types, JZXs, RX-7s and Supras.  Not that many C33s or A31s at all.  And I imagine even fewer in the US.

21 minutes ago, JaysCefy said:

No pictures yet because I didn't think to save any from the dealer where I bought it.  At least on Okinawa and among US folks, Cefy's are pretty rare. I've only seen one in person. Countless Skylines of all types, JZXs, RX-7s and Supras.  Not that many C33s or A31s at all.  And I imagine even fewer in the US.

they expensive over there?

not too bad in the nz market if you want to have a nosey.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/CategoryAttributeSearchResults.aspx?search=1&cid=268&rptpath=1-268-&sidebar=0&5=&14=&18=0&18=0&24=0&24=0&searchregion=100&54=CEFIRO A31&searchbar=1&generalSearch_keypresses=16&generalSearch_suggested=0&generalSearch_suggestedCategory

The price depends on several things. Mine was a good deal, $4300 US shipped from mainland, the body looks to be in really good condition and interior looks more or less brand new (Japanese tend to take really good care of their cars) but it has about 204000 km on it, which is fairly high for Japan. My 91 RX-7 that died on me only had 105k when it let go.

• Like 1