SAU Community

xanavi.ru

xanavi.ru

Xanavi.ru seem to have available kits for Japanese to English conversions (including Australian, but not New Zealand, maps). Pricing seems ok - I am just wondering if anyone had any particular cautionary tales to tell in terms of them taking money and not dispatching, or sending the wrong things? I'm more than happy that I have the skills to remove and replace the unit - more concerned with whether or not I can trust the Estonian company.

Thoughts?

Cheers - Neil G

You need an installer to do it as far as I am aware. Each state of Aus had a guy that did it, and part of the process was him calling Russia/Estonia real time and them decoding a code that the car ECU output based on time and GPS coordinates - definitely did not seem to be something that you could do (or they would let you do) yourself. Things might have changed though.

Oh cool. Do you have a link/info? This might sway my decision to get a V36. I had been leaning toward buying an ADM Infiniti G37 due to the language limitations of the Jp system, but the price premium for them over the V36 is insane.

Heh - look at my first post. I am wondering if I can trust them. I would hate anything I say to be seen as the start of a circular web of trust. Someone I don't know put me onto them and I am trying to get some due diligence done. Their website has the info but you have to autotranslate and do a bit of digging.

Cheers - N

32 minutes ago, talkiet said:

Heh - look at my first post. I am wondering if I can trust them. I would hate anything I say to be seen as the start of a circular web of trust. Someone I don't know put me onto them and I am trying to get some due diligence done. Their website has the info but you have to autotranslate and do a bit of digging.

Cheers - N

Do you have a price that you can share with us?

Definittely changed... This particular option is to get sent a new head unit, already setup for English...

Oh? What about programming the BCM to accept the new headunit? If my memory serves me well, that's part of the process in the USDM workshop manual.

Ohhhh, I just got another email from them and it's a bit clearer now and no-where near as good a deal as I thought. $790+$50 USD shipping. They send you a replacement main unit and you have to send them your unit. So it's $800 USD for their software still. Aaargh. [Edit - I read their email again - English is not their first language - but I know none of theirs! - it looks like they will give a credit for returning the unit you remove. Obviously that's how they get their stock of parts to flash the English onto. Maybe it's not such a bad deal. I have asked about the credit amount.]

Don't know about the BCM programming...

Cheers - N

Edited by talkiet
  • Like 1

I had a look at the website and cant find anything your saying.

I have been installing the software for over 5yrs and have never heard of what your talking about. 

Maybe its to cater for english speaking countries other than ourselves that dont have installers. 

That price you quoted was fairly high for an english conversion.

Does it have anything to do with an australian map disk maybe.

Also i dont think there are many installers left in Australia apart from me.

On 1/30/2017 at 7:19 PM, talkiet said:

Ohhhh, I just got another email from them and it's a bit clearer now and no-where near as good a deal as I thought. $790+$50 USD shipping. They send you a replacement main unit and you have to send them your unit. So it's $800 USD for their software still. Aaargh. [Edit - I read their email again - English is not their first language - but I know none of theirs! - it looks like they will give a credit for returning the unit you remove. Obviously that's how they get their stock of parts to flash the English onto. Maybe it's not such a bad deal. I have asked about the credit amount.]

Don't know about the BCM programming...

Cheers - N

That's a bargain.

you'll be without a unit for a time but if that's not a problem...

I paid a lot more than that for Oz maps and English for my V36

17 hours ago, colin.ssc said:

High for english conversion? how much do you charge for 07 V36 Sedan conversion then? The last 2 people in Australia that I spoke to wanted $3k for supply and install. 

For some reason I thought we were talking about the v35 and getting maps. Its probably cheap then. 

Actually, I'm not going to go ahead... Being charged over $1000NZD for a pirated software upgrade is just something I can't in good conscience be part of. I'll continue struggling with the Japanese. MAYBE if it gave me navigation as well I could swallow my pride but just for an English translation? A pirated one? Nah...

Cheers - N