SAU Community

Nismo R35 Fuel Rail for RB26

Nismo R35 Fuel Rail for RB26

Hi folks, I was researching adapter kit to use R35 factory injectors on RB26 and I found this.

http://www.nismo.co.jp/omori_factory/original_menu/engine_m/r2/index.html

ph04.jpg

Appears Nismo has made a fuel rail for the RB26 to directly fit R35 factory injectors.  However, other than being mentioned as a part of Nismo's complete engine package, I can't find that fuel rail anywhere else, not even a part number.  Would you folks know anything about it?

• Like 1

But wouldn't it be better/ easier to just purchase rb26 specific injectors? Would much rather buy brand new specific injectors rather than use second hand ones from a complete different model

• Like 2

R35 factory injectors have excellent spray pattern and they are CHEAP (obviously a relative term), about half price of RB26 specific injectors with only a few thousand or even hundred miles of usage.

Only if there is more information on those adapters...  Because that picture indeed shows a very stock looking rail... 

The American way to modify cars has become "if it ain't available in a kit from an on-line vendor that is guaranteed to work with a selection of other kits available from on-line vendor then it ain't gunna get done".  Only the ratrodders and the stancefags seem to be willing to do things themselves.  The former because it is art, the latter because no-one is interested in helping them f**k up their cars.

/rant

• Like 10

That is the adapter kit to fit R35 injectors.  The bottom of R35 injectors fits right into RB26 head, but the top is different, so those essentially are just CNC'd caps that will fit into factory 10.5mm rail.  Pretty much like how Injector Dynamics sell their kits with Bosch cores, except ID charges a ton for a little CNC work.  That resistor delete is just a bonus thrown in.

That kit above just looks messy, you have to change the plugs or use adaptors and the ballast delete looks cheap.

The Bosch 1000cc injector has as good a spray pattern than the 560cc injectors from an R35 and is just as easy to drive if not better. Headroom for further upgrades, Ethanol compatible, correct plug for the RB26. 

This is a much better option.

IMG_0368.JPG

Edited by Sub Boy32
  • Like 3

Yes those Bosch 1000cc injectors are my backup plan.  I know they are top quality injectors and good to tune at idle despite their size, but 1000cc just seems overkill for my tiny power goal.

R35 owners don't appear to have any voice in their community unless their cars are making +600 kw, so those factory injectors pretty much come right off as soon as owners take delivery.  A set of barely used R35 injectors plus adapter kit will cost about half of those Bosch 1000cc.  

• 1 month later...