SAU Community

July/August Competition - Win an Option DVD!

funkymonkey

Warm up your stylus-es-es! I'll be starting a monthly competition soon, with a wide variety of prizes ranging from stickers to hard to get shit that I get from Japan.

I will post up the initial image on the forums (relatively highres). After that you have 3 weeks from the start of the month to come up with a truely mindboggling piece of artwork.

You are not limited to the number of entires you can have. A special section in the gallery will be allocated for each month's entries. Upload your works in there and at the end of the 3rd week, a poll will be put up with all the artworks in that section of the gallery. A week of voting is then allowed and the winners are then announced.

You are not limited to photochopping, sp please, don't restrict yourself to just dumping the car and putting big rims and changing the paintjob. Be creative, be abstract, be anything. Mess with the background, add some vector art. Hell I'd love to see someone do a sketch of the material. Remember, at the end of the 3 weeks, your artwork has to stand out to grab the votes.

Here's the image you guys have to work with for the inaugral competition (Click for Higher Resolution image 1600 by 1100):

july_tm.jpg

You can only use someone else's submission if you have their express permission.

Submissions should be no bigger than 800 by 550 pixels.

A gallery section will be created soon for the competition entries and I'll link it here soon.

Entries close 3 weeks from today.

And here's the prize for this month:

A copy of Option DVD No 101 (September 2002), which is the 2001-2002 D1 year Book (Contains highlights of the D1 championship for 2001) and much more.

Have fun, and be creative.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abo Bob, first you need to register to use the gallery, then click on the link in the 2nd post in this thread.

funky are you going to limit it to one entry per person?

or is it a matter of ....go sik and enter as many times as you like?