SAU Community

R34 cluster issue

R34 cluster issue

Hey all, so my rpm gauge on my r34 is not working at all, we've just tried a scan tool and it came up with zero faults, is there any way of testing to see if it is the cluster itself that has the issue? Anybody else have this problem?

Its a common problem - you should find various references to it if you Google. When it happened to me (speedo, rev counter, fuel gauge malfunctioning)  I would just disconnect the battery and reconnect and they would work fine for a while. The obvious move is to swap it out for a known good one but that's easier said than done. If you are keen you could pull the cluster out and touch up all the connections with a small soldering iron. Mine just came right after a few weeks for no apparent reason.

1 minute ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Its a common problem - you should find various references to it if you Google. When it happened to me (speedo, rev counter, fuel gauge malfunctioning)  I would just disconnect the battery and reconnect and they would work fine for a while. The obvious move is to swap it out for a known good one but that's easier said than done. If you are keen you could pull the cluster out and touch up all the connections with a small soldering iron. Mine just came right after a few weeks for no apparent reason.

Well my rpm wasn't working from when I got the car, I've pulled the cluster out a few time and everything looks fine to me, I bought it not running but the scan tool comes out good, bit hard to find someone who will test there cluster out without my buying a new one aye :/

• 2 weeks later...