SAU Community

Gtr digital G-sensors

SiR_RB

16 hours ago, RBN1 said:

Cool.

So you didn't mind the increased understeer around corners?

I just set it to whatever feels right and its not a problem. Are you thinking that the transfer case mod will provide a better outcome? If so, how do you figure?

14 minutes ago, MrStabby said:

I just set it to whatever feels right and its not a problem. Are you thinking that the transfer case mod will provide a better outcome? If so, how do you figure?

ah ok cool.

A better outcome depends on the application, i'd say. I tried one of those manual controllers briefly in 2005/6? and didn't have much success - my experience though. The more I dialed it up, the more prominent the understeer. I always figured because it was attenuating the signal so 4wd was still active while cornering (different tracks - Winton, PI etc).

I did the transfer case mod after consulting with the place that built my car. (I did ask about putting a manual controller back in or getting a more advanced one to make it less it less tail happy). The advice from their experience was to get the transfer case mod done first instead of playing around with the 4wd programming etc. Reasons being they are old and worn and the mod will make the 4wd also come on harder not just earlier (awesome for corner exits etc). They told me a bit more but I can't remember anymore :)

Ah ok RBN1, sounds like you got rebuild and mod, since its already open. Previous owner had the transfer case rebuilt in mine so different starting point.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

So just a quick update

i purchased a do-luck Tarzan g sensor, street model, will be installing it this week and hopefuly have some results next weekend 

my original gsensor keeps throwing error codes so was a good time to update it

So just a quick update

i purchased a do-luck Tarzan g sensor, street model, will be installing it this week and hopefuly have some results next weekend 

my original gsensor keeps throwing error codes so was a good time to update it

• Like 3

• 10 months later...

I know the last post is almost a year old.  I would very much like to know if more people have tried the Tarzan box since then?  From what I can find, the Tarzan box's biggest improvement over regular G sensor is under braking, and that's pretty much it.  The acceleration out of corner is claimed to be improved but appears to be not much of a talking point.

• 4 months later...

So let me bring everyone up to speed - i took the leap and got a Midori Seibi Red G Sensor - the more aggressive one

1462403670_ScreenShot2018-10-05at11_53_02AM.thumb.png.80f250f6785e3774d7da236b35fd4435.png

346417959_ScreenShot2018-10-05at11_52_52AM.thumb.png.1c1d479cc7fb2f3e4de746bc2af16052.png

It was very easy to replace for the 32 GTR - direct remove old G Sensor - It comes complete with Brackets for a remove old and plug & play new.

I installed it and went for a Bathurst Supersprint the same weekend - i had issues with my Clutch throw out bearing but i thought it would survive the race - arrived there and did 2 runs down the hill into the chase to end on the straight - finished 21 / 70 cars that day with 2 runs in. 

What i noticed :-

1. Car felt slower coming out - though the times speak differently - its more composed and coming out of bends the car felt flatter
  2. You will notice the Torque sensor moving slightly and in less gains - compared to the on and off from the old g sensors
  3. i destroyed my throw out bearing so i had to tow the car back (pic for reference) lol did a good one.

1481704152_ScreenShot2018-10-05at11_56_28AM.thumb.png.466f5fd40274f67271b6d0a3cf6d4d5e.png

Lost motivation after this - so i left the car for a couple of months and said - hey lets do it again - Got an ATS twin plate carbon clutch and a new ATS rear diff - got it installed

Headed to Wakie in August - it was a long hiatus

My last session at Wakie was 1:13 dry - then it started raining - last year. The car didnt feel as composed and the tail kept on trying to come out - at the fish hook - so throttle control with the old G sensor was very very sensitive 

This August with the new G Sensor - i finished the day with 1:09 before the brakes decided its time for new pads - so that was the quickest i could do with Z222 Hankook RS3 275/35/18 - UHP street tires - with 4 degree weather. 

What i noticed :

1. The car still felt slow coming out of bends - felt flatter that i felt previously at Bathurst and not so twitchy - and i noticed this time is due to the fronts coming in earlier at a more gradual rate (torque meter movement - slow and steady) - making the car feel slow but the fronts are actually pulling you while the rear do the work
  2. i can keep the car with its tail just at an angle - while putting on the power much earlier and just pointing the front where i need it to be - inducing a nice slide out of Fish hook saving lots of time
  3. On the brakes - the car feels flat - not twitchy

Overall i rate them - for being a pure plug and play without any adjustments - it improved the characteristics of the old girl quite dramatically - i personally think - with a bit more control using this G sensor - would make it even more amazing (getting a Ruzic / torque controller mated to this G sensor)

So in my opinion - if anyone wants to go more and prob better - i think the DTMII looks like an amazing choice - or an ETS Pro which i think would be ultimate upgrade.

Either way - if you want a fuss free - no wiring - plug and play = improvement - i do say the Midori Seibi - is great upgrade for the older G sensors of the 32 GTR. It sends its reading a lot quicker and it makes the ol girl so much more lively.

Hope this helps anyone thinking of a G sensor - i have a friend who purchased the latest Tarzan G Box - when his car is out - i will write another review here on it.

772639255_WhatsAppImage2018-10-05at11_32_26AM.thumb.jpeg.8dedaf319f9703d182727612b1062bc6.jpeg

• Like 3

Thanks guys. I am very very lucky and blessed I have good mates.

He came from St Ives with his GF to tow me back with his XR6T. So it wasn’t as painful. Haha the damage was painful. Lol

IMG_9551.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Sadly they do not work in a 33 GTST.  I tried the Midori hoping it would get rid of my ALSD errors (62, 65 and 66).  It DID clear my 65 no power from  sensor and 66 codes side to side sensor) but I still have an error code for 62 (front and rear g sensor).  :(  I've tried 2 other OEM ones but both were bad and they are so hard to find :(