SAU Community

Is it possible to remove microtech and run on stock ecu?

You gotta get somebody to have a proper look at it... if wiring to the original ecu has not been damaged (including interior and engine bay) it should run fine. I think it'd be very difficult for somebody to give you a solid answer online.

Where you from? Maybe somebody close by can give you a hand!!!

There must be a reason someone went to the trouble of installing a microtech. Do you have non stock turbo, injectors etc? Bit hard to tell from the jumble of wires but it looks as though it has been piggybacked on to the stock ecu so should be physically simple to do but you need to make sure your engine is safe running on the stock ecu.

10 hours ago, SkudR33 said:

You gotta get somebody to have a proper look at it... if wiring to the original ecu has not been damaged (including interior and engine bay) it should run fine. I think it'd be very difficult for somebody to give you a solid answer online.

Where you from? Maybe somebody close by can give you a hand!!!

I did bring the car to a few workshops. All shook heads seeing the wire in the interior and engine bay:3_grin:. Most of them just recommend to change to a Haltech ecu and new wiring. 

3 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

There must be a reason someone went to the trouble of installing a microtech. Do you have non stock turbo, injectors etc? Bit hard to tell from the jumble of wires but it looks as though it has been piggybacked on to the stock ecu so should be physically simple to do but you need to make sure your engine is safe running on the stock ecu.

Turbos are stock. Injectors not sure. AFM were not connected when i got the car. Ok will study the messy wires more closely to see how it works out.

Thanks for the advices guy.