SAU Community

Help choosing a new turbo.

ruinned

Help choosing a new turbo.

Hey Everyone,

So as the title says i need some advice on what turbo i should go for my build. the power goal i have in mind is 250-260rwkw. The car is my daily so i am looking for responsive power and as little lag as possible.

The choices i have narrowed it down to so far.

High flowed turbo  R33 or R34 from what i have seen the high flow r33 turbo will get the power levels i want but seems to spool up 500rpm before the r34 turbo.  is the ball bearing char worth getting ? what is the advantage of it ?

Hypergear ATR43SAT , same as high flow is it worth getting a ball bearing char ?

Is there other choices out there for what i want ?? i have looked at a gt3071r but they are on a bit of the expansive side.

The simple thing to tell you is that all your questions have already been posted about on here a million times.

The next simplest is to tell you that for your power goal a 21U highflow will be fine.  BB centres make it spool faster (less resistance to spinning up, basically).  ATR43SAT would be somewhat over-rated for your goals.  They can make that little power, but they can make a lot more.

Highflow standard will get you there

This has been answered, and will be answered with similar answers time and time again.

RB25 Turbo Upgrade Dyno Results
https://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/55845-rb25-turbo-upgrade-all-dyno-results/

Hypergear Development Thread
https://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/261613-hypergear-turbochargers-and-high-flow-services-development-thread/

Read up! :)

3 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Get a good intercooler, many skimp on this and wonder why they hit bottle necks.

If budget is a concern, look at the HDi GT2 FMIC Kits for Skylines. Decent yet budget friendly, although don't expect Plazmaman performance or quality.

My power goal is 250-260kw.

on justjap there is cooling pro inter-coolers, they are very budget from the price i am guessing. I've read mixed reviews about them some people saying they are running fine on high power, others saying the pipes don't line up the best.

I've being looking at a blitz return flow, but also read mixed reviews them being return flow.

what makes HDi or Blitz better then the cooling pro intercooler ??

Edited by ruinned