SAU Community

Power fc pro. Did I just buy one or not

MJTru

Hello everyone. I just got a power fc from ebay and the guy claims it's a pro version. It can from Australia. And I paid 2500 Australian Dollarstore for it. Now he sent me a video of it booting up and on the commander it said pro. I have a r33 gtr I plugged it in to but my commander freezes up I'm thinking the firmware is different. He claims the new El commander will work.

I just bought the EL commander but will take 2 weeks to arrive.

What I would like to know of is there any other way to tell if it's a real pro. Here is a link of a video he sent me

Any ideas???

2500 for a powerfc? fark me. time to start hoarding and shipping them to the states. can get a link g4+ for a large chunk less than that and they are infinitely better.

I have nothing further to add...
except get a link.

That's funny cause that's what I told the guy that I got it from. None the less I wanted a power fc pro for the last 10 years. Just wanted to know if I got a real one.

52 minutes ago, MJTru said:

Hello everyone. I just got a power fc from ebay and the guy claims it's a pro version. It can from Australia. And I paid 2500 Australian Dollarstore for it. Now he sent me a video of it booting up and on the commander it said pro. I have a r33 gtr I plugged it in to but my commander freezes up I'm thinking the firmware is different. He claims the new El commander will work.

I just bought the EL commander but will take 2 weeks to arrive.

What I would like to know of is there any other way to tell if it's a real pro. Here is a link of a video he sent me

Any ideas???

Congratulations! You have bought an Ecu that won't get massive timing scatter at high rpm. Now you can tune it to make more power safely. 

They are fussy on hand controllers and only work with certain versions. 

I paid to much I know. I didn't really care for the price but at 2k usd. That was my limit. I've always wanted a pro version. I have 6 power fc from D jetro to L jetro for gtrs and gtst. So when I got this one I know I paid to much, and this is why I want to make sure I got what I paid for.
I bet if I was to say I'm looking for another power fc pro, and will pay 2k for another one. No one here would say they have one.?
Other than the price I just wanted to know of all the things to look for, to find out if it's a real pro.

After all I look at it this way. I helped a mate out by providing him the cash to get another Skyline closer to his goals.

• Like 1

yes it's a pro version, does your car start with the ECU plugged in? You can configure launch control to some low rpm like 1500, and check that it holds at this limit

Congratulations! You have bought an Ecu that won't get massive timing scatter at high rpm. Now you can tune it to make more power safely. 

They are fussy on hand controllers and only work with certain versions. 

I didn't start it as yet. I have ordered the El commander and once it arrives I will try starting the vehicle.
I guess that may be the catch. I notice all the screws are marked so if they are broken it will show.
I'm trying to ask a mate I know to borrow his commander so i can try starting it tomorrow.

I spose you did upgrade from a Haltech. Paid a tad bit much though!

I didn't upgrade from a Haltech mate. I sense the sarcasm. Lol. I know power fc is old. Just wanted one for a long time.
  • Like 1

It's ok he is being serious 

Kml. Hell.no. he can't be serious mate.
Then tell me how a power fc is an upgrade from a Haltech. Tell you the truth I'm so comfortable tuning a power fc. I guess change is hard to do. I need to stop being so lazy and start messing around with my Haltech ecu. None the less. I've wanted a pro for the last 10 years.

You have f**ked up. Get a PayPal refund and buy an emtron KV8 right now.

Farked up is how you make your money. That's the most important thing in life not how much you have. I hate even bring this part of me out. Imagine your rich and all your money is gone, your poor again. Now imagine your wealthy. Then you have lots of cash but look at the way you make your cash and the security attached to it. You ever heard of very wealthy people that are very insecure. Or rich people that are very insecure. I'm sure we all do. That's because of how you make your money. Money is just a false sense of security.
Again I hate leading this thread away from the topic.
In short make money the right way.
And you will never care about how you spend it. Associated with this comes low stress if that, none. Real happiness. And a perfect blood pressure.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MJTru said:

Farked up is how you make your money. That's the most important thing in life not how much you have. I hate even bring this part of me out. Imagine your rich and all your money is gone, your poor again. Now imagine your wealthy. Then you have lots of cash but look at the way you make your cash and the security attached to it. You ever heard of very wealthy people that are very insecure. Or rich people that are very insecure. I'm sure we all do. That's because of how you make your money. Money is just a false sense of security.
Again I hate leading this thread away from the topic.
In short make money the right way.
And you will never care about how you spend it. Associated with this comes low stress if that, none. Real happiness. And a perfect blood pressure.

Are you having a stroke?

• Like 4