SAU Community

G,day guys my r32 build!

Bennyr32gtst

Hi there guys been quite a while that I have been meaning to join sau, 4 years ago I bought my first r32 which doubled as a track car and a daily wasn't the smartest idea so after a year or so I had to let her go a pristine r32 gtst type m with all the goodies and only 65k on the clock, was a heartbreaking decision, year after year of dwelling I bought another r32 about 6 months ago as a project in quite bad condition, she had been turbo but someone and no one knows why removed the turbo setup on the car and had it running its standard 6 not a very smart move on the way home driving it I heard some whining, then kaboom!!! I thought a rod had popped out the motor as I went to go inspect I had realised the water pump had seized up exploded and blew the fan right through my radiator I thought what a great start.

The next day I got onto a tear down of the bay ripping off everything I'm not gonna need I.e non turbo extractors air con and so on

I then went ahead to buy a gt3582, and pwr fmic with 3.5 inch piping to suit, koyo radiator, thermo fans and all new hoses.

All done and dusted i decided to start the car but unfortunately she didn't run was running a rb20 non turbo ecu I picked up a piggy back farina racers ecu for quite cheap started it and she was a beaut took it for a spin and she went well but all into consideration the ride was terrible.

Had a look under the car and found that all the bushing and ball joints were done to a crisp so I replaced everything while at the same time got my diff completely locked.

In the meantime while my diff was being locked i noticed a small fuel leak from injector 1 and i wasn't going to just replace one so i ended up with some rx7 injectors and yellow jacket coil packs to get abit more spark.

At this point I knew with the work being done I'm going to need some new suspension I had a search and found he most reliable source was tein in which I replaced my suspension with tein super street coilovers rear cambers front camber arms offset rack spacer and garage 32 drop knuckles and extended lca's.

Now the car is a whole different drive and a completely whole different feeling she's now ready for the track and awaiting her first drift day/ track day I'm still not finished with this big build i do have a long way to go, and I'm sure the headaches/mods will not stop i hope you guys enjoy this thread as my first and plenty more to come

Cheers SAU!

IMG_1487992114.630851.jpgIMG_1487992114.630851.jpgIMG_1487992171.965758.jpg