SAU Community

Can anyone help with an R32 GTR early (91) transfer case?

dorifticon

Can anyone help with an R32 GTR early (91) transfer case?

Hi All

Have a suspected blown transfer case, just wondering if anyone can help either with:

1) has or knows of one for sale in good condition and compatible year model (would also consider entire gearbox at the right price if not wanting to separate)

2) knows where and how much to buy one new

3) knows of where to get a reconditioned one

Would really appreciate any advice.

Andrew

Whereabouts are you?

They are easily rebuild-able by a shop that is familiar with them, and any 32 xfer case should be interchangeable. Infact I think a 33 or 34 would also work but am not sure.

Also, is your car Australian or unusual, 91 GTRs were not available for import as Nissan were selling them locally 91-93?

And finally...why do you think yours is borken?

Hey there

Thanks for the reply. I'm in the ACT. Mine is a grey-market import from some years ago, imported originally under the 15 year rule (hence the 91).

The advice on the transfer case is that it may be rooted due to running different rolling diameter tires front to rear.

I've been told there are different model xfer cases from year to year so trying to get something as close as possible to my year model.

If anyone knows an actual shop that will rebuild one (or sell outright, or on exchange) I would be super grateful if you could give me the details. Preferably Canberra or Sydney, but at this point will consider anywhere.  Apparently there are increasingly few shops that deal with them.

Andrew

28 minutes ago, Duncan said:

Whereabouts are you?

They are easily rebuild-able by a shop that is familiar with them, and any 32 xfer case should be interchangeable. Infact I think a 33 or 34 would also work but am not sure.

Also, is your car Australian or unusual, 91 GTRs were not available for import as Nissan were selling them locally 91-93?

And finally...why do you think yours is borken?

Just spoke to Award, they indicated that it's going to be properly expensive to get a full rebuild, and have suggested finding a good condition second-hand unit from an r32.

I have a call in with Just Jap, but does anyone on the forum have a second-hand transfer case sitting around that is in usable condition?

Thanks for the tip - managed to get in contact with John to pick one up on Friday, so hopefully can get the 'R back on the road relatively soon.

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 2:37 PM, Anfanee said:

John@Trojan motorsport in Mitchell should be able to help you.