SAU Community

Intro from an R31 fan

Explodethis

Intro from an R31 fan

Hello all,

I've had my fair share of the R31 bug for a long time now. I started out with an 89 executive, bought another 89 and ended up with an 86 Silhouette project car.

I've had plenty of good times with the old R31's and many headaches from 365,000+ Ks on the old daily. I finally parted with my first 89 a few years ago now because I needed the time to work on my project car. I probably spent too much time and money on the 89 but it was a pretty nice car when I was done.

Times have changed a bit now and I don't have the time to spend on the Silhouette. I joined up today so that I could post my Silhouette up for sale in the forums in the hopes that someone else wants to take it on.

I hope you find some enjoyment in the photos of the old daily.

Thanks,

James

20131104_183838.jpg

20131104_183846.jpg

2 hours ago, Explodethis said:

Yeah that's right. That's my old daily, the executive. I'm selling off the Silhouette. I haven't tried the R31 club, thanks for the suggestion.

Ah righto haha. I don't know why people insist on posting random pictures with their posts, this isn't "pic for attention" Facebook. :P

I still have my GXE, I should register it.

Yeah I'm keeping the Silhouette now. Had a bit of a change in the current circumstances so it's back on now. If it was anything but a Silhouette I'd be happy to help but I wanna hang on to all the parts as they are pretty hard to come by. Apart from the rear bumper mine's in great condition. Only missing the factory cassette player and headphones (and a running engine)

I'll probably give the RB26 conversion a miss and keep it stock. Just have to find a place with some good prices on stock internals. There's a couple of mobs around here but I've never bought off them. Just had head work done a few times. From what I've found a crate engines about $5k so I'm hoping to get the parts for it under that