SAU Community

Does anyone know what these cheap coil overs are like on ebay?

Does anyone know what these cheap coil overs are like on ebay?

Hey guys,

Has anyone used these coilovers before?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/24-Ways-Adj-Coilover-Coilovers-for-Nissan-Skyline-R32-HCR32-GTST-RB20DET-SALE-/272483072447?fits=Model%3ASkyline|Plat_Gen%3AR32&hash=item3f7141b9bf:g:I-QAAOSw2xRYdzI8

I know they are cheap but I'm thinking of giving them ago for shits and giggles.

Have you tried them?

I am actually thinking of trying them and putting the lap times up here see if i can beat half you kids with crap suspension :P

Have you tried them?
I am actually thinking of trying them and putting the lap times up here see if i can beat half you kids with crap suspension [emoji14]

Be our guest [emoji12]

No, I'm in Melbourne, plenty of guys your way. I don't know what you're trying to achieve here. You asked a question and don't like the answers you're getting. That's fine, it's not the first or last time that's going to happen. Go buy them and then let us know how good or crap they are. You may want to compare them to good oem shocks rather than the flogged out stuff you have now.

Following topic for results and review.

• Like 1

No one is answering me though apart from "don't get them they will be shit" i don't want an opinion i want feedback. Guys they are under $400 i get it they will be not the best but have you at least tried them for some constructive feed back?

stock R32 GTST with cut springs a 3 different brand of worn out road tyres 1:12.2

wow!! i thought the bc-br coilovers were cheap lol $400 for a full set of coilovers just doesn't sound right but if you do decide to get them, let everyone know how they go and if they're worth it. on the plus side they come with a warranty :)

I've seen what happens to cheap coilovers way above this price point (broken inserts and clickers that do nothing, blown seals, knocks etc), so it's very unlikely these will be much better.

I'm happy to be proven wrong but don't you think if these where any good, people would have caught on, bought them and be giving you glowing reviews right now like some other China parts.

Anyway I'm looking forward to your progress and review of these. Good luck[emoji106]

are you waiting for someone to tell you yeah cheap coilovers are wicked, buy them or?...

Edited by GH05T

Of course no-one has tried them. At that price they have to be crap. It doesn't matter what your lap time is if they break and you smash up your car and possibly yourself. I have seen cheap units (D2s) on a car break after two days use. I wouldn't take the risk.

The age old saying " u get what u pay for " springs to mind
Cheap prices usually mean cheap inferior materials and poor build quality
I'd hate to see a coilover break while flying around a track

I got a very good condition 2nd hand set of tein drift coilovers you can have for $400 plus pay postage from perth the where you are ( prob $100) Thats basically the same price as these ebay coilovers and a million times better. Let me know via pm if youre keen

• Like 2

- Adjustable ride height
- Adjustable pre-load spring tension
- 24 levels of adjustable damper -- This allows you the ability to perfectly dial in your coilovers system.
- Pillow ball top mount -- this design helps combat noise while tuning. It also improves the steering feel and response
- All inserts come with fitted rubber boots to protect the damper and keep clean.
- Improve your handling performance without sacrifice comfortable ride.
- A fast and affordable way to easily upgrade your car's appearance.
- Easy installation with right tools.
- Ideal for any track, drift and fast road and can also be used for daily driving.
- Most components are made from 6063 aluminum with T6 for increased hardness -- the advantages include excellent strength, and aluminum helps keep the weight down.  
- Hi tensile performance spring - Under 600,000 times continuously test, the spring distortion is less than 0.04%. Plus, the special surface treatment is to improve the durability and performance.

Yum!!!  And no noise when tuning!!!

12 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Of course no-one has tried them. At that price they have to be crap. It doesn't matter what your lap time is if they break and you smash up your car and possibly yourself. I have seen cheap units (D2s) on a car break after two days use. I wouldn't take the risk.

This is it. I'd be surprised if you get too many people on here who have bothered using coilovers that cheap and nasty. It might be at the track but you can still crash and kill/damage other stuff around you. Maybe not track your car with cut springs and fkd shocks either; racing is not a cheap sport, for good reason.