SAU Community

What parts does R34 share with other Nissan of its era.

What parts does R34 share with other Nissan of its era.

Well,  title says it all pretty much.  

I'm planning on taking one R34 gtt to Europe.  Since Europe has all those stupid regulations (I.e you have to have e4 tag on every light the car has and other weird stuff) I was wondering how many parts can I "borrow" from European Nissans to make my car legal there. 

Main things I'm concerned about are the lights (all of them,  up to number plates) and seatbelts (rear as well). But would like to know about other parts as well.

300z is something,  that can be found in Europe. Maybe some parts from that car match the R34? 

Sorry,  if this has been discussed already.  I found a topic about matching parts across different skylines or Skyline vs 300z  but nothing on Skyline vs other "regular" Nissans. 

Thank you in advance! 

Edited by K3nnyq3

Don't like your chances. can you not register it as a special interest vehicle or such like? I know there are Skylines and Stageas in Europe. Maybe you are worrying too much.

Whereabouts in Europe mate? From the little that I've read there's absolutely no chance running anything modified in Belgium for instance, but Poland for example is a different story.

are the rules very different to Latvia? a mate of mine took a cefiro there to compete with all the mad volvos and road registered it.

If you are taking the car anyway don't go looking for trouble just register it and start worrying if they take exception to anything - you could go replacing stuff for nothing or all the wrong things. Maybe ask around if there is any places more tolerant than others...

If Estonia is anything like Finland (and I believe Germany too) they do annual roadworthy testing. Not bad if you have a stock car but pretty hopeless if you do...

Could you not just go to the authorities with the make and model and spec sheet, and get some advice before buying?