SAU Community

R33 Breather Tank

R33 Breather Tank

Hi,

I have an R33 Rb25det. Have fitted a Greddy style forward facing intake manifold. As I no longer have the factory air bleed plug, is fitting a Radiator Breather Tank advisable to purge all the air?

I was looking at one and hose connections. Top one on the tank to the overflow. Next one down on side of tank connected to the radiator overflow, and the bottom one to the lower radiator hose. Is there a requirement to connect another on the side to the top of the intake manifold? It is lower than the overflow outlet on the radiator?

Any advices appreciated  

Most people (myself included) dont worry about it and just use a coke bottle cut in half to fill the radiator and create a high point that way. If you do it on a slight incline, the radiator top tank is the highest point anyway.

I have a funnel from supercheap that works well. Its a black one with a removable tube part, once the tube is removed it fits perfectly in my greddy radiator.

If you were going to do something, I would probably just use the original points that go to the air bleeder and hook them up to a sealed tank with a bleed screw. Or is the factory bleed screw removable from the manifold? Just remote mount it

Like I said though, most dont bother. Has never been an issue for me